2 questions about the Glory...

nunuc2000

Howdy folks,

I have two questions about the Carnival Glory:

A. I hear conflicting info about fridges... do all the rooms have fridge's or not?

B. Any idea which movies are currently playing on the big screen? We want to watch one or two while onboard, and we'll make a point of not watching the same ones on the plane on the way down there. :)

Thanks for the help everyone!

Celine

When I was on the Glory, our interior room did not have a fridge. I am sure some probably do, but maybe not all of them.

Then you just didn't know where to look........

ALL Conquest class ships have fridges in EVERY cabin. I've been on the Glory 4 times (and on Conquest class ships 13 times, always in an inside cabin and always had one.

Edit to Add this from Carnival.com FAQ from this link http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Header_466#q-610921

Are there minibars in the staterooms?

All staterooms will have a stocked minibar. The items will be replenished twice daily as the items are consumed and charged to the guest's Sail & Sign Account along with a 15% restocking charge. If the guest wishes to have the minibar permanently locked, they must contact the Information Desk. The minibar service will be locked on the night prior to debarkation. Offered on the following ships: Spirit, Pride, Legend, Conquest, Glory, Miracle, Valor and aboard the Triumph and Victory in category 11 and 12 suites.

The minibar will be stocked with premium liquor, wine, beer, soft drinks and a variety of sweet/salty snacks.

Though I've never seen snacks in the fridge

Thanks for solving the "fridge" mystery, everyone... sounds like we will have a fridge in each of our rooms - we have a mix of interiors and oceanviews for all of our rooms.

Any word yet on the movies currently playing on the Glory?

Thanks for solving the "fridge" mystery, everyone... sounds like we will have a fridge in each of our rooms - we have a mix of interiors and oceanviews for all of our rooms.

Any word yet on the movies currently playing on the Glory?

These change frequently and it's been a year since I was on the Glory. You might find more current information in the Member Review section or go to a recent roll call that sometimes stays active for months after the sailing.

Lately most ships have been showing concerts and sports on the seaside theater, with an occasional movie at night. There will also be two or three movies playing on your incabin TV.

Had a fridge in a balcony room last week, but had to request that it be unlocked and the existing contents stashed elsewhere.

Some of the movies played on the big screen were Green Lantern, Thor, Transformers 3. Pretty much movies that hit DVD in the past couple months.

we watched the latest Transformer movie, Rise of the planet of the planet of the apes (great movie, not like the planet of the apes when I was growing up. ) Green Lantern And Soul Surfer all great movies. They would be on the big screen at night and on the TV the next day. Oh ya just rembered Cars 2

I have some pictures in my signature of our Glory cruise last week.

we watched the latest Transformer movie, Rise of the planet of the planet of the apes (great movie, not like the planet of the apes when I was growing up. ) Green Lantern And Soul Surfer all great movies. They would be on the big screen at night and on the TV the next day. Oh ya just rembered Cars 2

I have some pictures in my signature of our Glory cruise last week.

Great pics in there!! Thanks for the movie update!! :D

This is from the fun times of the January 15 - 22 sailing.

Seaside theater (only listing the movies, not the music videos/concerts):

Sunday: Transformers - Dark of the Moon

Monday: Kung Fu Panda 2 and Zookeeper

Tuesday: Soul Surfer

Wednesday: Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides

Thursday: Cars 2

Friday: Green Lantern and Thor

No movies on the Seaside Theater on Saturday.

I took a small cooler on board on a cruise in 2009 with my Diet Coke w/ Splenda. I stashed it in the cabin as soon as possible, went off for a welcome aboard drink, and then to the muster drill. When I returned, my cooler was filled with ice and my Cokes were chilling. The state room steward refreshed our cooler every day - I never even had to ask. Great service!:D

I took a small cooler on board on a cruise in 2009 with my Diet Coke w/ Splenda. I stashed it in the cabin as soon as possible, went off for a welcome aboard drink, and then to the muster drill. When I returned, my cooler was filled with ice and my Cokes were chilling. The state room steward refreshed our cooler every day - I never even had to ask. Great service!:D

I wish we lived close enough to a port that we could drive and bring stuff like that - that would be awesome!! But alas... we fly in from Canada, so packing light is the order of the day. :(

Pretty awesome steward to set that up for you right away though!!:)

I wish we lived close enough to a port that we could drive and bring stuff like that - that would be awesome!! But alas... we fly in from Canada, so packing light is the order of the day. :(

Pretty awesome steward to set that up for you right away though!!:)

you can stop at a store on the way to the port and bring some pop with you. We flew in 2 days precruise and brought on some pop and some munchies :p

If you come across Monica and Houston,dining staff, tell Houston not to give you any lip and ask if he has seen any more tinfoil lol and the Canadians from the end of January said hi.

One table near us could only have kosher food(wraped in tinfoil) , and the staff wasnt told ahead of time, so the first night was hectic. A "lady"at the table next to us was giving Houston a hard time and very loudly told him "do not give me any lip" she was soooooo rude!!!

Any way have a great time on the Glory and remember you can get from one end to the other on decks 5 or 9 !!!

Archived