Teens Room and Teens Daily Newsletter

Oriana1

We are doing our first Celebrity cruise on Celebrity Solstice in April 2013 from Sydney to Hawaii.

Our 15 year old daughter is enquiring if anyone had photos of the Teens Room and also copies of the Teens Daily Newsletter.

We normally cruise on Princess and P & O and they put out a kids (or teens) daily newsletter listing all the events of the day.

Normally on Princess and P & O they have lots of things for the teens to do during the day, so I am hoping that Celebrity Solstice will be the same.

Kim

Astrocatjnr (also 15) would be better placed than I to reply, but there was a great teens group on our just completed Century cruise. Different ship and different rooms obviously, but yes they put out a card each night about teen events the next day. This was delivered to our room along with the Celebrity Today.

I think your DD will have a great time. Our cruise slotted nicely with both NZ and Australian school holidays.

It took some looking but I finally found it. Someone else's post I'd seen recently as we have 3 teens with us this Spring on the Eclipse. Hope this helps.....

January 19th, 2012, 07:57 PM

image.php?u=35203&dateline=1088039994jgnova user_online.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

I can't speak from personal experience as we haven't cruised with kids since ours were teens - back in 1990!

But we've seen kids in organized activities on all of our Celebrity sailings and they all seemed to be having a great time. I scanned in the youth activities schedules from our Summit sailing last June and I suspect they don't change much. Click here to see them. Or click the link in our signature below.

No pictures of the teen club on Solstice but our DD (16YO) has accompanied us on two S-class ship cruises - both European. She was a bit unimpressed with the teen "program" - in both cases the biggest issue was that they allowed several "little kids" to age up into the teen program and thus all the real teens avoided them like the plague :). DD met several other kids her age and they were able to keep themselves well entertained without need of the club activities.

DD really appreciated the movies options on the TV system (lots of free movies) and she and her friends lived for the hot glass show.

For most teens, meeting up with other kids their same age is the key. You may want to join up with your meet and mingle to see if there are other families with teens who will be on your cruise.

Archived