Jug of Pimms?

egeller624

Anyone know if the poolside bars will do Pimms by the jug? Also, is it acceptable to take drinks back to the cabin? Our cabin is on the Lido deck, just a short walk to the poolside bars. I can see myself popping out for a quick drink to bring back and enjoy on the balcony but not sure if this is frowned upon or not.

Never cruised with P&O before, and I cant remember what the policy was on Celelbrity (been too long lol).

Thanks. :)

Pimms is always available by the glass and is promoted heavily on Great British Sailaway days but I cannot recall ever seeing it by the jug. Perhaps others may be able to verify.

No problem taking drinks from the bars back to your room. Youve paid for it after all. We are on Lido deck in May and will be doing exactly as you would like to do. You can of course also buy duty free and drink that back on your balcony.

We have had glasses of Pimms on P&O but never seen a jug advertised. Of course you could take or buy a bottle of Pimms (we've done that - bought it at duty free on a fly cruise, taken it aboard ourselves when sailing from Southampton) and then bought lemonade and asked the steward for ice and lemon slices and then enjoyed a Pimms on our balcony. If going from Southampton we have taken lemonade on board as well as the little cans supplied on board don't go far -although you usually get an offer where if you buy I think it's 9 you get 12.

You can certainly take a drink you have bought from a bar back to your cabin - or even into the restaurant if you wish. The only thing you can't do is to take a bottle of wine you've bought with you into the restaurant without paying a corkage charge.

I have a feeling the bartenders will all know me by name on this cruise :)

Imagining sipping a cocktail on the balcony... definitely better than the frigid temps we have in the southeast at the moment.

Thanks for the replies :)

Even better you can bring on your own wine, or whatever, and drink it your cabin! I take on a winebox of Chardonnay - Kumala or similar and store it in the cabin fridge. We have a balcony and its lovely to sit out there with a glass of wine in the early evening - or late afternoon, esp in the Med.

Wine by the glass is around £5 and takes a while to come via roomservice, much cheaper, and more convenient to have it 'on tap':)

:D

Pimms is always available by the glass and is promoted heavily on Great British Sailaway days but I cannot recall ever seeing it by the jug. Perhaps others may be able to verify.

No problem taking drinks from the bars back to your room. Youve paid for it after all. We are on Lido deck in May and will be doing exactly as you would like to do. You can of course also buy duty free and drink that back on your balcony.

Me and my sister had several jugs of pimms during sail-aways. Great fun. Never had a problem taking anything back to our room. :D

Archived