Thomson Cabin Upgrade Question

Does anyone know why cabin upgrades are listed as, for example, Deck 3/4 outside cabin AND Deck 3 outside cabin, usually at the same price. Does it mean you can book a Deck 3 cabin but if you want a Deck 4 cabin you have to take a chance unless you want to pay the £39 to reserve a particular cabin. You still wouldn't be guaranteed one because all the deck 4 ones might be already allocated.

I'm not 100% sure but I think this is more for TA's and indicates the three berth cabins.

I think this is probably right - if you look carefully at the cabin pictures you may be able to see that one type is two berth and the other has drop-down berths to convert to a 4-berth. Check the deck plan - perhaps there are only 4 berth outsides on one of the decks and not the other.

Just looked at Eastern Wonders and it appears to have identical pictures for Deck 3/4 outside cabin and Deck 3 outside cabin at the same price. It also lists Deck 3/4 inside cabin at No additional cost and Deck 3/4 inside Included in Total Price quoted.

Very confusingicon5.gificon6.gif

Just looked at Eastern Wonders and it appears to have identical pictures for Deck 3/4 outside cabin and Deck 3 outside cabin at the same price. It also lists Deck 3/4 inside cabin at No additional cost and Deck 3/4 inside Included in Total Price quoted.

Very confusingicon5.gificon6.gif

OK! I give up too :confused::confused: :D

I think it must be something wrong with the website. I've noticed recently the cabin selection bit has been a bit odd, with both the cheapest cabin type being added on the list twice, and outside cabins on lower decks being more expensive than those on highers when it's supposed to be the other way around.

Don't understand though why they've added both Deck 3 and a Deck 3/4. Think someone needs to do a website check :confused:

Phoned Thomson helpline number but was answered by a TA in Bristol, the very nice lady didn't know either but thought perhaps some people didn't want to be on the same deck as the restauranticon5.gif Anyway I still don't understand why you just aren't given the choice of either deck 3 or 4 (or the other decks as relevant).

So while I had her on the line, I went ahead and booked it icon12.gifand she also organised our cabin on deck 4 for the £39 fee.icon7.gif

Now had an email from Thomson

Thank you for contacting Thomson & Island Cruises.

Based off current availability at the time of writing this email, we currently have one cabin left of the category Deck 3 Outside which can fit up to 4 passengers in.

The cabin category which can fit two passengers is the Deck 3/4 Outside, this is the reason why two different cabin category's are showing online.

This does not mean that once the Deck 3 Outside cabin has been booked that you will be guaranteed a cabin on Deck 4, should you wish to check you can guarantee a cabin on Deck 4 please call us on our Cabin Reservations telephone number 0871 231 4908 where we will be able to advise.

I hope this clarifies your query for you.

Kind Regards,

Sian

But the photos and descriptions given are identical so I don't know haw anyone booking is supposed to know that.

Now had an email from Thomson But the photos and descriptions given are identical so I don't know haw anyone booking is supposed to know that.

Must think we're all mind readers or something ;)

Would then mean if you booked that one cabin left with just two of you, then a party of four wouldn't be able to book.

• 3 months later...

Archived