Drink Package Question

beachbumforever

We are going on the Silhouette in December. We are confused on what is the best way to purchase the drink package. Should you do it in advance? I have heard we pay taxes on it than. Do we wait until we board? Wouldn't we still pay taxes since we are in port? I seem to recall reading that sometimes the prices for the packages are cheaper on the ship. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks!

We are going on the Silhouette in December. We are confused on what is the best way to purchase the drink package. Should you do it in advance? I have heard we pay taxes on it than. Do we wait until we board? Wouldn't we still pay taxes since we are in port? I seem to recall reading that sometimes the prices for the packages are cheaper on the ship. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Greetings

If you purchase the package before the cruise, there is no tax charged. The 15% service charge is added automatically (and there is a glitch in the web site where it seems it is added twice but the final total is correct) but no tax is added. If you purchase the package after sailing, then the package has no added tax. If you purchase while still in port, there are reports that sometimes tax is added to the total. From all the posts that I have read, sometimes tax is charged sometimes it is not. It has also been reported that cruisers have been able to have the tax removed by visiting guest services.

Good Sailing

Tom

Archived