Pre Paying Excursions....Change?

jackinthebox422

I think I read on ncl.com (but of course I can't find it now to confirm for you :rolleyes:) that if you were from a non-US location or if you have booked and paid for an excursion in the past, then you didn't have to prepay. Maybe they were having issues with people booking online, and then canceling once aboard?

Excursions are usually not charged till the ship has sailed . If you have pre paid and the port is missed or exceusion cancelled , how do expect to get your money back.

With NCL's new policy, you pay for your excursion when you book it if done in advance. If missed or cancelled, you will be given a credit. If you book on board, it will be charged to your room. This has been in affect now for several months.

How can we use our OBC's if booking in advance; or maybe not?:confused:

That's what I do not like. If you have OBC credit that you cannot use for the DSC and now cannot use for excursions, it forces you to use it on something you may not want to do, like drink or eat in a specialty restaurant....

We have prebooked one excursion but will now wait to be on board to book another....

I have booked 2 excursions for my cruise in 2 weeks. I have now booked those excursions, but am not being asked to pay for them until I am on board. A change from just last week.

Anyone else seeing this?

I hope this is a change and going back to the way it used to be.

With NCL's new policy, you pay for your excursion when you book it if done in advance. If missed or cancelled, you will be given a credit. If you book on board, it will be charged to your room. This has been in affect now for several months.

Would that be a credit to your credit card or to your on board account?

Other lines are doing this as well. We sailed with RCCL on Oasis last year. If we so chose, we could book excusions and specialty dining in advance. In order to do so you had to pay with a credit card. I did make a change to it and my credit card was refunded pretty quickly. All this was done pre-cruise.

If you booked your first excursions before they changed to prepaying then any you booked later will also be added to your onboard account. I booked most of mine in the fall and added 2 more and did not need to prepay.

I had this same issue this week only with a specialty restaurant reservation on Epic. This is our 7th cruise with NCL. We are US residents. Our 2nd Epic cruise. And we've booked excursions and specialty restarrants before. I don't want to pre-pay for my restaurant reservations. Especially when we have OBC to use. I guess we will take our chances and book our specialty restaurants while on board. We may miss out completely on the specialty restaurant. Oh well. Guess that means NCL may miss out on our extra $20 pp, too.

Would that be a credit to your credit card or to your on board account?

Other lines are doing this as well. We sailed with RCCL on Oasis last year. If we so chose, we could book excusions and specialty dining in advance. In order to do so you had to pay with a credit card. I did make a change to it and my credit card was refunded pretty quickly. All this was done pre-cruise.

Will my charges to my credit card be refunded if I cancel my bookings prior to sailing?

Cancellations made up to 24 hours prior to sailing will be refunded in full to the credit card on which the purchase was made. Cancellations made after that point will be refunded as an onboard credit.

I had this same issue this week only with a specialty restaurant reservation on Epic. This is our 7th cruise with NCL. We are US residents. Our 2nd Epic cruise. And we've booked excursions and specialty restarrants before. I don't want to pre-pay for my restaurant reservations. Especially when we have OBC to use. I guess we will take our chances and book our specialty restaurants while on board. We may miss out completely on the specialty restaurant. Oh well. Guess that means NCL may miss out on our extra $20 pp, too.

You'll be fine. Throughout the week I saw plenty of availability in the specialties on the board.

Just book once onboard for the days you know where you really want to go.

You'll be fine. Throughout the week I saw plenty of availability in the specialties on the board.

Just book once onboard for the days you know where you really want to go.

Thanks! That's what I figured, too. We booked some after we were on board previously and it worked out fine. Our anniversary is one of the days we are on board, so I wanted to reserve that night. I just rechecked and some of the times are already gone. No biggie. We'll be on vacation. Which of the many places available to eat is only secondary. One thing for sure. We won't starve! ;)

Thanks! That's what I figured, too. We booked some after we were on board previously and it worked out fine. Our anniversary is one of the days we are on board, so I wanted to reserve that night. I just rechecked and some of the times are already gone. No biggie. We'll be on vacation. Which of the many places available to eat is only secondary. One thing for sure. We won't starve! ;)

I think you will be ok. From what I understand, they release a certain number of "prime times" for prebooking and the others are left for onboard booking. If you go straight to one of the stations set up when you board for booking restaurants, you may be lucky enough to get the "prime" day and time you want

Well glad I did a search on Excursions cause I was just going through all the things to do in Alaska this coming May...

We picked a few things and when I went to book them it did say PrePay and they would only be held for 15 minutes....:eek:

Were use to booking Excursions and Paying for them after the trip that way We get to use our OBC towards the Excursions....

Now it seems like NCL wants you to Use your OBC for other things like Dining(If you choose to Prepay the Excursions in advance)....

Guess We could just book the excursions once onboard but the DW wants to have everything booked ahead of time so our choices arent sold out...

Oh Well less OF A BILL WHEN WE GET HOME...:D

So now after talking to DW, I went back to book and prepay the excursions.....Each one I choose and tried to add it to the shopping cart Now says Sorry Try Back in 15 Minutes, Unable To Process....

Wish if NCL was making these PrePay Excursions Changes they would at least get their Web Site Working Correctly.....:(

I have a $300.00 OBC for our next cruise. $150. from agent and $150.00 from NCL.:confused: :mad: What I am reading is that Excursions and DSC cannot be debited against OBC. Can you use for gambling??

You can use OBC for excursions as long as you wait to book them on the ship. :)

Archived