Celebrity Solstice March 18,2012 Western Carib. Roll Call

drubos

My husband and I just booked our spots on board. Looking forward to escaping life in Boston for a few days. Seeing who else was going to be on board. :D

We are booked too! My husband Jon and I are on this cruise too!

Yay!!!!!

North Shore, MA.

After my last cruise, which was very busy, between excursions, spa treatments, shopping, I was interested in a cruise to an area where I had no real interest. Interested in Mexico as a whole, but not so much in the ports on this Western Carribean cruise, so it suits me perfectly! I intend to spend more time on the ship, more time relaxing, actually use the fitness center, not just walk by the fitness center:). Would love to go see the ruins, but neither of us can really do the walking involved.

It will be nice to get away in just a very few short weeks, but loving the "winter" at home so far. Especially after last year - ice dams - lost my wall-to-wall carpet, rebuilt wall and floor in the dining room that caved in. Beautiful new hardwood floor.

We are going on the excursion to the Atlantis Submarine, however, in Cozumel.

Hi Jeff90,

Thats great news! I was beginning to wonder if we were the only ones. :) Where are you guys from? Have you done W. Caribbean before?

Drubos!

We did a short 4 nighter cruise back in January on the Jewel of the Seas. Just to Cozumel. It was our 1st time. My other half surprised me for my 40th so it was a nice little "quickie." :p

We are from Asheville, NC

So glad that we have found you! We thought we were going to be the "only ones" too!;)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Jeff90,

Thats great news! I was beginning to wonder if we were the only ones. :) Where are you guys from? Have you done W. Caribbean before?

Good Evening,

My partner David and I just booked today and will be joinging you all.

Since no one has used their names I guess we will be the first, we are David and Larry. We did the transatlantic crossing from Barcelona on Solstice back in December and have sailed on her several times before that, she is a beautiful ship.

We look forward to meeting you all onboard.

Larry and David

Good Evening,

My partner David and I just booked today and will be joinging you all.

Since no one has used their names I guess we will be the first, we are David and Larry. We did the transatlantic crossing from Barcelona on Solstice back in December and have sailed on her several times before that, she is a beautiful ship.

We look forward to meeting you all onboard.

Larry and David

BTW, I am the bald one, Larry. David has a full head of hair.

We usually enjoy a Martini at the Martini bar before dinner, second seating in the MDR.

I'm Larrys's other half ... just chiming in to say hello. See you all soon in the Martini Bar ... or check the bulletin board in the Guest Relations area to see if there is a location for the FOD/LGBT get-togethers. Most often the guys will gravitate to the Martini Bar because it's the most happening place on the ship.

David

Hey there Larry and Bob!

Wow....y'all have been on some cruises....;)

This will be our 4th time and really looking forward to it. We are celebrating our anniversary!

BTW, we are Jeff and Jon. :)

Hi Jeff and Jon,

We look forward to meeting you and having an anniversary cocktail with you. How many years for you two?

Larry ( and David, not Bob) :)

I meant David....sorry! (Where in the heck did I get Bob? LOL!)

Total of 8 years.....but celebrating our Commitment Ceremony 4 years ago. :D

Have you guys joined the main roll call?

I meant David....sorry! (Where in the heck did I get Bob? LOL!)

Total of 8 years.....but celebrating our Commitment Ceremony 4 years ago. :D

Have you guys joined the main roll call?

Hey Jeff & Jon ...

Bob (oops I mean David) here! Yes, we did join the main thread. I'd like to join the folks for a sailaway drink after Muster. We didn't bother to register for the CruiseCritic get togrther. They are usually held early in the morning and aren't very noteworthy ... coffee and pastries served.

Larry & I have been together for 34 years!

Hey Jeff & Jon ...

Bob (oops I mean David) here! Yes, we did join the main thread. I'd like to join the folks for a sailaway drink after Muster. We didn't bother to register for the CruiseCritic get togrther. They are usually held early in the morning and aren't very noteworthy ... coffee and pastries served.

Larry & I have been together for 34 years!

Well....when you hear someone is a rich, southern, NC accent tone yell on Day 1 on the ship..."Bob! Bob!" That'll be me! LOL!

I joined the get together. I registered for the one on the Freedom back in September, but we never went. I guess we are going to play it by ear. But we may appear at the Sail Away...who knows?

34 years! Congrats! That is awesome. You don't hear those many years with anyone now these days.

Where in FL are you guys?

We are NC natives. Asheville, NC, in the NC Mountains. We are getting a few snow flakes right now. ;)

Hi Jeff & Jon and Larry & David,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. My partner (Dianne) and I will also be on this cruise with you. We'd love to meet up with you guys at the Martini Bar. We live in Seattle and have been together 12 years. I'm originally from Georgia and she's from Northern Ireland. This is our first time on Celebrity in a while. We upgraded from a Balcony to Aqua Class this trip and are very excited to get out of the rainy Pacific NW to some sun and fun!!

Talk soon!

Cindy:)

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. My partner (Dianne) and I will also be on this cruise with you. We'd love to meet up with you guys at the Martini Bar. We live in Seattle and have been together 12 years. I'm originally from Georgia and she's from Northern Ireland. This is our first time on Celebrity in a while. We upgraded from a Balcony to Aqua Class this trip and are very excited to get out of the rainy Pacific NW to some sun and fun!!

Talk soon!

Hey there Cindy! So nice of you to join us!

It won't be long now! So ready for the next couple of weeks to get by!

What part of GA are you from? That's cool that your other half is from Ireland!

Talk soon!

Hey there Cindy! So nice of you to join us!

It won't be long now! So ready for the next couple of weeks to get by!

What part of GA are you from? That's cool that your other half is from Ireland!

I'm originally from Macon, GA (hometown of Little Richard and Otis Redding). Love living in Seattle except for the rain! We are thinking of moving back East in a few years and somewhere a lot more sunny!

Damn, my partner and I booked the wrong date! LOL We're celebrating our 30th anniversary the week after you (Eastern Caribbean, March 25th, Solstice.) I have a break from school, hence the date booked.

I'm glad that you folks found each other. We met another couple through the main thread however there are no "hits" on the GLBT board.

Have a great time (and leave some martinis for us!)

Ray and Jack

Fort Lauderdale FL

Damn, my partner and I booked the wrong date! LOL We're celebrating our 30th anniversary the week after you (Eastern Caribbean, March 25th, Solstice.) I have a break from school, hence the date booked.

I'm glad that you folks found each other. We met another couple through the main thread however there are no "hits" on the GLBT board.

Have a great time (and leave some martinis for us!)

Ray and Jack

Fort Lauderdale FL

I'm on the same cruise - Eastern Caribbean - 3/25.

We are Theo and Richard from Fort Lauderdale. We will be joining you on this cruise. Did a 10 day on the Equinox (first time on Celebrity) in January. Loved it so much we decided to do this one. The LGBT Get Together notice is at the posting board at the front desk. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Richard and Theo

We are Theo and Richard from Fort Lauderdale. We will be joining you on this cruise. Did a 10 day on the Equinox (first time on Celebrity) in January. Loved it so much we decided to do this one. The LGBT Get Together notice is at the posting board at the front desk. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Richard and Theo

Hi Theo & Richard ...

Welcome!

It won't be long before we sail again. Larry & I are from Deerfield Beach.

David

Hey Theo and Richard! Welcome! This is really cool that you guys are on this sailing! :)

It won't be long before we sail again. Larry & I are from Deerfield Beach.

David

David....Jon and I are staying over night near your area on the way down to port. :)

Hi Cindy and Dianne, David, and Larry, Theo and Richard (and nice to be formally introduced, Jeff and Jon). :)

First off, let me say sorry for dropping the ball here. Who starts a thread and abandons it?! Obviously me....

As for us...I am Dru and my husband is Dave. We have been together for 6 years, married for 3 of those. Congrats to the upcoming anniversaries and celebrations. Wow...especially to 34 years. I love hearing that!

This is our 2nd cruise. We did the Equinox for my Spring Break last year, so basically familiar with the Solstice too. We definitely find ourselves parked at the Martini Bar more often then not, though we are also huge fans of the Sunset Bar.

We registered for Connections last year but never went, so I skipped it this time. We will definitely be on the look out for the FOD, though. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Only a week left!

Dru (and Dave)

Archived