Celebrity Solstice March 18,2012 Western Carib. Roll Call

drubos

Well....when you hear someone is a rich, southern, NC accent tone yell on Day 1 on the ship..."Bob! Bob!" That'll be me! LOL!

I joined the get together. I registered for the one on the Freedom back in September, but we never went. I guess we are going to play it by ear. But we may appear at the Sail Away...who knows?

34 years! Congrats! That is awesome. You don't hear those many years with anyone now these days.

Where in FL are you guys?

We are NC natives. Asheville, NC, in the NC Mountains. We are getting a few snow flakes right now. ;)

Hey Jeff ...

I never did reply to your note ... sorry! Larry & I are from Deerfield Beach, just 20 minutes north of Ft. Lauderdale.

David

Hi Everybody ...

Here is a roll call for our group. If you would like any other info added, I'll be happy to do so

Solstice Roll Call – 03/18/12

drubos – Dru & Dave – Boston, MA

jeff90 – Jeff & Jon – Asheville, NC

sled_dog

lkushnerid & daviddfld - Larry & David – Deerfield Beach, FL (late dining)

cindyseattle – Cindy & Dianne – Seattle, WA

wesport – Theo & Richard – Ft. Lauderdale, FL

and probably lots of lurkers!

Hi everyone, we can't wait to get to sunny Florida. We had a little snow today and there is chance of it as well for Monday and Tuesday, BRR! We are actually flying out of Seattle Friday night and arriving Saturday morning. We are staying at the Westin. If anyone has any suggestions about a good place to have dinner on Saturday (those of you from the immediate area)..we would appreciate it. Also, Anyone know of a good place to have a few drinks for St. Patty's Day on Saturday night? Dianne is Irish (born and bred) and she insists that we celebrate the night in honor of St. Patrick! LOL. Thanks for any info upfront!!:)

Hi everyone, we can't wait to get to sunny Florida. We had a little snow today and there is chance of it as well for Monday and Tuesday, BRR! We are actually flying out of Seattle Friday night and arriving Saturday morning. We are staying at the Westin. If anyone has any suggestions about a good place to have dinner on Saturday (those of you from the immediate area)..we would appreciate it. Also, Anyone know of a good place to have a few drinks for St. Patty's Day on Saturday night? Dianne is Irish (born and bred) and she insists that we celebrate the night in honor of St. Patrick! LOL. Thanks for any info upfront!!:)

Sorry, I can't find where to edit/delete a post. We have found a place close to the hotel (The Field - irish pub and eatery). Still can't wait to get out of cold, rainy Seattle!! See you all Sunday!

Sorry, I can't find where to edit/delete a post. We have found a place close to the hotel (The Field - irish pub and eatery). Still can't wait to get out of cold, rainy Seattle!! See you all Sunday!

Glad you found an answer to your question! Enjoy your St. Pat's celebration. See you Sunday!

I really need to be on the ship like now. I am majorly stressing..Dianne can't find her greencard and has to have it to travel outside the US. She had it when she came back into the US from Ireland after Christmas. She thinks it is somewhere in the house. I guess Hurricane Cindy will be going through our house tonight to find it cos we ARE going on this cruise. If she can't find it, she has to make a appointment with INS to get a stamp on her passport before we leave Friday night. Then on top of that my dog walker said my dog might be sick..so that might mean a trip to the Vet today or tomorrow...Deep breath...trying to think positive...:)

I really need to be on the ship like now. I am majorly stressing..Dianne can't find her greencard and has to have it to travel outside the US. She had it when she came back into the US from Ireland after Christmas. She thinks it is somewhere in the house. I guess Hurricane Cindy will be going through our house tonight to find it cos we ARE going on this cruise. If she can't find it, she has to make a appointment with INS to get a stamp on her passport before we leave Friday night. Then on top of that my dog walker said my dog might be sick..so that might mean a trip to the Vet today or tomorrow...Deep breath...trying to think positive...:)

Okay ...better now..I found Dianne's greencard before she got home from work. I called her and she was very relieved. The dog is acting like he doesn't feel good so I'm going to watch him tonight and perhaps take him to the vet tomorrow just in case.

Okay ...better now..I found Dianne's greencard before she got home from work. I called her and she was very relieved. The dog is acting like he doesn't feel good so I'm going to watch him tonight and perhaps take him to the vet tomorrow just in case.

At least the greencard issue is solved ... good luck with the dog!

For us, no kids, no pets, no problems!

Phew...congrats to Cindy on finding the GC. Hope your dog feels better!

I keep looking a the excursions for this cruise. Nothing has ever jumped out at me. Looks like we might spend extra time on board. :) Anyone signed up for anything that is a "must see" or "must do?"

3 sleeps to go!!!!

WE are both looking at the shore excusions tonight and aren't coming up with much either. We did an rsvp cruise last year with the same itinerary, and just walked around the ports and shopped in the am. Should be a relaxing week. Can't talk Theo into swimming with the dolphins, turtles , or stingrays!!

Hi guys! I can tell you what we have planned so far if that helps. We are only doing one ship sponsored excursion to the Tulum Ruins in Cancun/Cozumel. In Grand Cayman, we are taking a tour with a independent company called Native Way Watersports. www.nativewaywatersports.com. we are doing the stingray and island tour. In Costa Maya, we are also going with an independent company called Native Choice. www.nativechoice.com We are going to tour the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins with them. Both of these come highly recommended on the Cruise Critic boards. For Roatan, we can't decide what to do. My boss was in Roatan a few months ago and they just took a taxi around the island for $25 each. We are thinking of just walking around the town and seeing something but using the majority of the day like a Sea day. That day is my birthday as well. :)

So if anyone wants to join us on any of the tours, please feel free to reach out to the folks on the above websites. We'd also love the company on Roatan if anyone is game just let us know. See you all soon!:D

Hi guys! I can tell you what we have planned so far if that helps. We are only doing one ship sponsored excursion to the Tulum Ruins in Cancun/Cozumel. In Grand Cayman, we are taking a tour with a independent company called Native Way Watersports. www.nativewaywatersports.com. we are doing the stingray and island tour. In Costa Maya, we are also going with an independent company called Native Choice. www.nativechoice.com We are going to tour the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins with them. Both of these come highly recommended on the Cruise Critic boards. For Roatan, we can't decide what to do. My boss was in Roatan a few months ago and they just took a taxi around the island for $25 each. We are thinking of just walking around the town and seeing something but using the majority of the day like a Sea day. That day is my birthday as well. :)

So if anyone wants to join us on any of the tours, please feel free to reach out to the folks on the above websites. We'd also love the company on Roatan if anyone is game just let us know. See you all soon!:D

Thanks for the ideas. I have a feeling we may be doing a lot of walking around ourselves. We had a pretty bad experience last year with a tour in St Maarten that left us pretty gun shy. All we really need is a beach and a bar anyway. ;)

I say birthday celebrations are certainly in order, though!!!!

Top 'o the mornin to ye all ...

Safe travels to everyone traveling to Ft. Lauderdale ... see you tomorrow after Muster at sailaway drink-time (which I believe is at the Sunset Bar on deck 15).

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Archived