Guarantee cabins on Celebrity for solo travellers

minz56

I'm looking at the Celebrity Solstice TA in April. There are currently some great rates for Guarantee cabins. However when I get an online quote for single occupancy I find that those Guarnatee cabins are not an option and I would end up paying way more than twice the cheapest twin share rate.

My question is - if you ring Celebrity will they give you an equivalent single occupancy rate for a Guarantee cabin, even though it's not quoting online? Would love to hear from people that have had experience with this.

Celebrity or any other line will try to get double occupancy from a solo as long as the ship is filling up. Your best bet is to check the rates daily on your own and check Celebrity's Exciting Deals weekly. For a TA in April, if there is a surplus of unfilled cabins, you should see price reduction and a willingness to drop the double occupancy rate soon. There are various travel websites you can check to get an idea of how many cabins are still available.

Here's the link to the X Tuesday sale -

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

and Royal Caribbean's -

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

It seems to be a bit early for April cruises but you never know when they will show up. I learned the hard way - if you see the one you want on the Tuesday sale, book it right away! I nearly had to take extra meds for my high blood pressure last summer, because my Voyager cruise appeared on the list fairly early on (and I procrastinated), then not again for about three weeks... and I had booked nonrefundable airfare. I nearly drove my TA (and myself) crazy until it showed up that second time!

Liz

• 2 weeks later...
I'm looking at the Celebrity Solstice TA in April. There are currently some great rates for Guarantee cabins. However when I get an online quote for single occupancy I find that those Guarnatee cabins are not an option and I would end up paying way more than twice the cheapest twin share rate.

My question is - if you ring Celebrity will they give you an equivalent single occupancy rate for a Guarantee cabin, even though it's not quoting online? Would love to hear from people that have had experience with this.

I AM a solo cruiser on the Silhouette TA in April 2012. I had an AQ stateroom booked (at 200% of dbl occupancy rate), and when I saw prices for a AQ guarantee drop by $1500 a cabin I called, booked that as a new reservation, and cancelled my old booking. Of course, all this was done before final payment on the original booking (X credited my deposit back within 3 days) AND I could not book online, I had to call X and argue that I was paying double fare anyway so was entitled to the AQ guarantee. It worked, and I not only got the vastly reduced rate but also found I was assigned an AQ1 rather than the AQ2 I originally booked. Go for it!!!

Archived