Glory Tours - Recent Problems?

Funkat

Sarah Taylor has been suffering with some health issues since the beginning of the year which has caused a few issues. We used Glory Tours for the second time in the past three years last month, it was a tour that Sarah & I put together for about a dozen members of our roll call. Quammie, her lead guide took us on an amazing tour of the island....can't wait to go back next year.

Thanks for the reply. That's some reassuring. I did read about her having some health issues and could understand that being a reason for not responding in as timely a manner as usual, but the overcharging really bothered me. I have read some really great things about her tours and I guess I could fight the overcharges on my credit card if they were to occur, so I'm still leaning towards booking with Glory. It will just be me and my husband, so we won't be looking for a custom tour and that Best of Barbados seemed the best suited for us.

Please read comment #26 that I posted on another thread entitled "Glory Tours" a short while ago. Without typing my entire messages again, we had some initial confusion with our credit card deposit which did get cleared up. We had an excellent tour with "Colin" nine days ago. I highly recommend Glory Tours.

Thanks for the help. I have decided to go ahead and book with Sarah/Glory Tours and watch my credit card statement. I like the idea of paying the balance in cash so as to prevent any surprises post cruise.

• 4 weeks later...
We are booked next week with Glory for private tour. I plan on posting a review upon return.

I'm really looking forward to reading your review about your private tour with Glory Tours. We also booked a private tour for our cruise in April. We had no credit card problems with booking the tour and can't wait to see Barbados on a land tour since we've always done catamaran snorkeling trips on past visits.

Have a great cruise and tour with Glory!

Mary

I'm really looking forward to reading your review about your private tour with Glory Tours. We also booked a private tour for our cruise in April. We had no credit card problems with booking the tour and can't wait to see Barbados on a land tour since we've always done catamaran snorkeling trips on past visits.

Have a great cruise and tour with Glory!

Mary

I won't let you down.I will post a review and photos too!

We have a family of four with and planning and prepaid (for admission too) for Harrison Cave, hope to get to Bathsheba and maybe Holetown (Chatel Village), maybe old church etc. going with flow of the guide too. I have it arranged with Sarah, but depending on her health, may or may not get her.

Suzy

I won't let you down.I will post a review and photos too!

We have a family of four with and planning and prepaid (for admission too) for Harrison Cave, hope to get to Bathsheba and maybe Holetown (Chatel Village), maybe old church etc. going with flow of the guide too. I have it arranged with Sarah, but depending on her health, may or may not get her.

Suzy

We have a party of 5. Planning to visit Hunte's Gardens and St. Nicholas Abbey. Also hoping to drive by Bathsheba on the way to St. Nicholas Abbey, and drive south along the Gold/Platinum coast on our return to the ship. After reading your post, I checked out Chattel Village in Holetown online. Looks like an interesting place to visit. I'm always learning something new on Cruise Critic. We requested Jemel as our driver if he's available.

Mary

Sarah Taylor has been suffering with some health issues since the beginning of the year which has caused a few issues. We used Glory Tours for the second time in the past three years last month, it was a tour that Sarah & I put together for about a dozen members of our roll call. Quammie, her lead guide took us on an amazing tour of the island....can't wait to go back next year.

I'm still in dispute with her bank waiting to get my money back.

I was ready to book the Best of Barbados - Option 2 tour but then starting reading posts about overcharges on credit card deposits. I really don't see any tours comparable. Any ideas?

I'm still waiting to get my money back from Glory tours. I have since booked with Sweet Barbados tours - they didn't require a credit card deposit. Give them a go.

• 1 month later...

Decided to change our plans in Barbados, contacted Sarah and let her know we were cancelling our previously booked tour. She replied right away, was very nice and credited the deposit we had paid to our credit card (which I checked.) Just wanted to post that I had no problem with her customer service.

We have a party of 5. Planning to visit Hunte's Gardens and St. Nicholas Abbey. Also hoping to drive by Bathsheba on the way to St. Nicholas Abbey, and drive south along the Gold/Platinum coast on our return to the ship. After reading your post, I checked out Chattel Village in Holetown online. Looks like an interesting place to visit. I'm always learning something new on Cruise Critic. We requested Jemel as our driver if he's available.

Mary

Just returned from our cruise. We thoroughly enjoyed our day touring Barbados with Glory Tours. Jemel, our driver, was waiting for us when we arrived early at our designated meeting spot and was a fun tour guide. The van was roomy and clean. Hunte's Garden was awesome and we also enjoyed St. Nicholas Abbey, Bathsheba, and driving along the Gold/Platinum coast. Sarah was very professional in my dealings with her and we had absolutely no problems with payment, etc. I highly recommend Glory tours and would not hesitate to book another tour with them in the future.

Mary

Just returned from our cruise. We thoroughly enjoyed our day touring Barbados with Glory Tours. Jemel, our driver, was waiting for us when we arrived early at our designated meeting spot and was a fun tour guide. The van was roomy and clean. Hunte's Garden was awesome and we also enjoyed St. Nicholas Abbey, Bathsheba, and driving along the Gold/Platinum coast. Sarah was very professional in my dealings with her and we had absolutely no problems with payment, etc. I highly recommend Glory tours and would not hesitate to book another tour with them in the future.

Mary

Glad to hear Glory tours went well for you -Suzy

I contacted Sarah mid february and had very quick responses to my series of emails. I've experienced CC fraud before and noticed her site didn't have a security key and mentioned it to her. She had no issue with us paying when we arrive for our 'best of barbados/glass bottom trip. I'm convinced it'll be one of the highlights of our trip:D

• 3 weeks later...

We also booked an all-day “Best of Barbados, Option 2”, tour with Glory Tours this April. Sarah was a little slow in getting back to us but we eventually received all of our documentation in a reasonable amount of time and in plenty time before we departed for our cruise.

When we disembarked from out cruise ship, Quammie was there to greet us. We waited with him for a while for the other member of our tour to show up, but they we “no show” so we ended up having a private tour with just the two of us and Quammie in the tour van. He was an EXCELLENT guide, very informative and you could tell he was very proud to be a "Bajan" and loved his island very much. He was a little reserved when we first began our tour, but later on he apologized that he began our tour not feeling very well, but begun to feel better and his energy level greatly approved.

Our original tour include St. Nicholas Abbey but it was closed on Saturday, the day of the cruise. Quammie made an adjustment to our tour price and customized the tour to our needs. Even so, our tour cost was $100/person which we found MOST reasonable since it included a very nice lunch at the Flower Forest, all admisssions fees to all of the places we visited, finishing at the Wild life Reserve with a refreshing rum punch!

I must say that the highlight of our tour was Harrison's Cave! DO NOT MISS this experience!

If our tour was any representation of other Glory Tours tour packages, I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone visiting Barbados. The van was clean, air-conditioned and our driver was SUPERB! Do not hesitate to book them based on some of the less then stellar reviews on TripAdvisor, etc.

VERY VERY HAPPY with our experience!!

We used Glory Tours in December - and I did have a credit card issue (Double charged) I emailed Sarah when I got home and the problem was resolved the next day.

I can honestly say that our day with Glory Tours was the highlight of our vacation and I would recommend them in a heartbeat - we took the Best of Barbados tour with beach or shopping time - myself and my two kids ages 12 and 14 - We all had a blast!

My wife and I did a private tour with Glory tours. Colling was our personal guide, what a great guy, and very knowledgeable, really made our trip to Barbados. This is one of those places if you choose to stay on the ship, you are missing out on a potential once in a lifetime experience.

We loved everything about it, especially having the beach all to ourselves. Just a great all around experience, cant say enough.

The couple that were with us stayed on board the ship, they have no idea what they missed except by seeing our photos.....:D:D:D:D:D

No credit card issues, used for deposit, then paid cash.

Archived