AMA/APT dock at Budapest

Train Riders

We are doing a bit of research prior to our first river cruise, we will have a week in Budapest by ourselves before departing to cruise to Amsterdam with APT. I realise this question has probably been asked & answered many times before but doing a search it does not appear. We would like to know where at Budapest do AMA/APT actually dock before we go & book a hotel for a week & then find out we are not in walking distance of the vessel.

We have visited Budapest on a all land based tour before so know that it is possible for the harbour master to change moorings at short notice for tour companys, so getting a definite answer may be impossible.

We are considering booking at the ZARA Botique hotel at So'street which is close to the river & within walking distance to some moorings.

Thanks for any help.

Train Riders.

Our Amadaeus Waterways (AMA) , APT river cruise docked between the Chain Bridge and the Elizabeth Bridge on the side nearest to the big hill with the castle up on top .

Lots of Chain Hotels on the opposite bank between the Chain & Elizabeth bridges.

Our Amadaeus Waterways (AMA) , APT river cruise docked between the Chain Bridge and the Elizabeth Bridge on the side nearest to the big hill with the castle up on top .

Lots of Chain Hotels on the opposite bank between the Chain & Elizabeth bridges.

Our AMA boat AAMAdante docked there as well. Apparently the captain does not find out until the day of mooring which side of the river the boat is to be moored, but it is always in the same part of the river. Wonderful to be so central. No matter which side you are on, the walk across the bridges is easy, and we also had a little "shuttle boat" going back and forth from each side, just for cruise passengers. There were 8 boats moored end on end on the day in July that we pulled in. Most were on the Castle side.

We stayed at the Intercontinental purely for the views which were spectacular, day and night. I don't think there could be a better location. It is just your usual 4 * hotel, nothing special, but perfect location for the days after we left the boat - and would be ideal for embarking, just walk across the road!

I don't know the Zara Hotel , but it looks a great location, too- so near the markets. A little further from Chain Bridge but still really central.

I am envious of your week in Budapest- I absolutely loved it and am planning a return visit . Lucky you, Budapest and then a week on an AMA boat - will be an amazing holiday if it is anything like ours last year.

We were also docked on the Buda side down from the Chain Bridge. We stayed in The Sofitel at the foot of the Chain Bridge and opposite the Intercontinental. Great location within walking distance of most sites. The included tour was surprisingly good. I would say either of those 2 are most convenient and with good service. Budapest is a great city.

We were also docked on the Buda side, but closer to the Elizabeth bridge.

We stayed at the Intercontinental - and it is very central for any excursions on foot. Easy to walk across the Chain Bridge, close to the "Shoes on the Danube" memorial, and walkable to the "House of Terror" museum. Also close to Cafe Kor (great restaurant...). My only complaint --> we didn't have enough time there. We would love to go back.

Archived