Comfort Inn FLL

AndiandMike

Has anyone stayed here pre-cruise? My DH works for the Navy and I get a list of all available hotels w/government rates. This is $85 a night w/shuttle from airport, shuttle to port, complimentary breakfast. I'm cheap personally. Last year we stayed at the Hilton Garden and felt like I got robbed for $150 a night.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Andi

I believe the one your speaking of is the one on Sterling Road in Hollywood. I have stayed here and its perfectly fine for a pre or post cruise. Its clean, has a nice pool area and the breakfast buffet is very nice. I have since discovered priceline where you bid on areas and stars, this is great. I like to bid 3* downtown and I usually get the Marriott Hotel and Marina, which is a beautiful hotel. Last month I stayed at the Marriott compliments of priceline for $75, plus tax, its a beautiful hotel. But if you don't want to chance priceline, then the Comfort Inn is a good spot as well.

Hope this helps. If you want to read more on how priceline works, please go to these two web sites, they are very helpful: http://www.biddingfortravel.com and http://www.biddingforfun.com

DH and I stayed at the Comfort Inn (Sterling) last October. In my opinion, it was OK but I don't think I'll stay there again. It is convenient to stores (shopping area right next door for water, soda, liquor, beer). Shuttle service was also a plus. Room wasn't all that great...definitely could have been cleaner.

We've stayed at the Marriott Marina and would go back in heart beat. The ambience and being a stone's throw away from the ship is awesome. We loved waking up in the morning, walking along the waterway and getting our first sight of "our" ship.

Hope this helps.

Lynn

I stayed there April 8th. got the gov't rate. it was good for that rate as all other hotels were charging we'll over $150/night and I had waited too long to get the $49 rates you usually get through Priceline. We landed around 1:00, The shuttle from the airport was convenient, just picked up the phone and they told us 20 minutes. When we checked in they asked us if we wanted the shuttle and which ship were we going on, told us it left at 10:45 and to be down in the lobby at 10:30. Our room wasn't ready, so they said we could check our luggage, which we did and went to get lunch (all the fast foods are within walking distance) When we got back they had "lost" the key to the storage room and couldn't retreive our luggage, but our room was ready. so we went to our room. For the rest of the afternoon the lobby was a zoo, the motel was at capacity, people were everywhere. After many inquires at the front desk about our luggage, I found a young bell hop who was able to solve the mystrey of the missing key and get us our luggage about 6:00. For dinner we walked to the other side of the shopping center and had dinner at TGIF, there is a Kmart there for last minute purchases. The room itself was adequate. it's an older motel, clean, coffeemaker and fridge in the room. Breakfast in the morning was good, an omlet station, pastries, cereal, juices, coffee. We went to the lobby at 10:30 and everyone was waitning for the shuttle. Our bus held about 20 people with a trailer for luggage. We had one for our ship, Some they would put 2 ships on. It looked very confusing but it was organized chaos. they had someone out front directing who would yell out the name of the ship and had the notebook to check off names. We were at the terminal by 11:15. Except for the experience with the "lost Luggage" it wasn't bad. I would suggest to anyone to bring a copy of your confirmation, I saw one poor elderly man who was trying to check in and was informed his resevation was for the next night, and they were full, don't know what happed to him.

We have stayed at the comfort Inn. Cheap, easy and the breakfast is good. Location is very close to the cruise terminal. Beware! Everyone in the hotel tries to get on the courtesy van they have to the airport. I went out on the street, flagged a taxi and was loaded up in minutes. Didn't cost but $10 for all of us to get to the airport. The line at the hotel for the shuttle was about an hour wait.

vanomen@cox.net

Contrary to the above post.....We stayed at the Comfort Inn at Spring break....found the shuttle to be wonderful as they had the shuttles organized as to what ship you were on. WE were offered two different times in which to go to the port...no problem!

Archived