ShonandSuzie's Victory 1/22 Review (w/ many pics)

shonandsuzie

I was on this sailing and in suite 7274, yes you will hear the chime of the elevator(s), although it didn't appear to be that frequent or constant chiming, and also directly across from this suite is the steward station, so you will most likely see them alot..if they are light sleepers it may be wise to switch......great stewards by the way :)

We LOVED the stewards too! They were so personable. I usually think they are friendly and everything but these 2 were outstanding!

Thanks for the great review!! We are leaving for our Victory trip in 82 days. We can't wait!

Wonderful review, I always enjoy reading your reviews.

I have been thinking about this itinerary. My only concern was getting to San Juan. I will have to check into AirTran.

JaniceB, I'm not sure how far from BWI you are, but AirTran has nonstop flights to San Juan from there. That's what we are doing. The flights we snagged were not too bad price wise either!

Hi guys, looking good! Happy Birthday Suzie! We're doing the same Miracle cruise as last year for my 50th, and I have a 4 nighter in May on the Imagination in May out of Miami with my daughter.

Seriously considering the Victory for 2013 now, lol..

Loved the review and photos, thank you for taking the time to post them! Also, happy birthday Susan! :)

We had the pleasure of meeting you guys on our Miracle cruise in September 2011! (hint: my wife's name is also Susan! - I'm Steph) You guys were so much fun!!!

Hey Miracle buds! I remember you all. Check us out this coming September on Royal Caribbean!

Wonderful review, I always enjoy reading your reviews.

I have been thinking about this itinerary. My only concern was getting to San Juan. I will have to check into AirTran.

I do not like driving through St. Thomas, either. The first time we did it I said never again.

I love St. Maarten. Orient Beach has 2 restaurants that we like to go to. One has a Maryland flag flying and the other a Marine flag, both are close to the nude area. The names have escaped me today.

Any special trick to getting your room upgraded at the hotels? Is it a hotwire perk?

Happy Belated Birthday!

We like a place on Orient beach named "Le String". I do wish there was less music playing along the beach but otherwise. Perfection.

For the room upgrade, no trick. I just ask. Usually it doesn't work to get us suites but sometimes it does. We were lucky this trip. Shon thinks it's because I "look Peurto Rican" :rolleyes: I don't know why but I was my regular charming self and they hooked us up. :cool::)

Actually, most times they seem to give us the worse spot with Hotwire and Priceline so we always request a better room. Usually there is about a $20 fee for that.

We like a place on Orient beach named "Le String". I do wish there was less music playing along the beach but otherwise. Perfection.

For the room upgrade, no trick. I just ask. Usually it doesn't work to get us suites but sometimes it does. We were lucky this trip. Shon thinks it's because I "look Peurto Rican" :rolleyes: I don't know why but I was my regular charming self and they hooked us up. :cool::)

Actually, most times they seem to give us the worse spot with Hotwire and Priceline so we always request a better room. Usually there is about a $20 fee for that.

Yes, La String has the Maryland flag. The coowners when we went were from Glen Burnie MD. They rent chairs and you get a drink, fun place.

I will have to try asking for upgrades. The last place we stayed gave us one without us asking, but I think that was because we were loyalty card members.

By the way, your pictures are great, forgot to say that before.

Thanks for the great review!! We are leaving for our Victory trip in 82 days. We can't wait!

JaniceB, I'm not sure how far from BWI you are, but AirTran has nonstop flights to San Juan from there. That's what we are doing. The flights we snagged were not too bad price wise either!

We are about equal distance from BWI and DCA. I will check them out, thanks. Have a great trip. We are doing an Alaska cruise next, no warm weather for us. This is one reason I am looking at this cruise, warm weather!

Great Review!! Loved your before and after pic!! Me & Dh are gonna have to do that! Everybody always notices how much darker we are except us lol. We are gonna have to find a spot and take a before and after:) Thanks for taking the time to do this review,I really enjoyed it!

I see people referring to your previous reviews, but I don't see them linked. I'd love to read some of your other reviews as well. Can you include some links for us ?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1505942

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1483082

I didnt save my subscriptions to all of them. But these are the last 2.

Suzie,

Thanks for the great review! It made the moments after the Patriots loss more bearable and even brought a smile to my face...

What a week, awesome beaches(can't believe we actually did that rope swing), dinners and comedy shows! We had a blast spending time with you guys and look forward to doing it again in the not too distant future:D

You did warn me about the pictures:)

Give our best to Shon!

Jim & Rosemarie

Thanks for the review ... I especially love those with lots of pics like yours.

Can you tell me something? In the pic right above the one that says "Scooby Doo" there are two people standing with Shon. Do you know who they are? I swear they look like two people we cruised with and sat at the same table. We lost touch and I'd like to get in touch with them again.

Thanks again.

Is that you Bill? We had dinner with a couple from WA on the Victory in January of 2010, Bill & Dianne? If it is you, we couldn't resist going back on the Victory!

Jim & Rosemarie

Do you know what movies they were playing on the big screen?

Just checked my Funtimes (we were on this cruise as well)...

Zookeeper

Pirates of the Caribbean

Bee Gees Concert

Alicia Keys concert

Soul Surfer

Transformers 3

Miles Davis concert

Kung Fu Panda 2

Randy Travis concert

Billy Joel Concert

Alvin and the Chipmunks

Cars 2

U2 Concert

Johnny Cash concert

Green Lantern

Thor

James Taylor concert

Some of the children's movies were shown in the morning.

Suzie' date='

Thanks for the great review! It made the moments after the Patriots loss more bearable and even brought a smile to my face...

What a week, awesome beaches(can't believe we actually did that rope swing), dinners and comedy shows! We had a blast spending time with you guys and look forward to doing it again in the not too distant future:D

You did warn me about the pictures:)

Give our best to Shon!

Jim & Rosemarie[/quote']

Hey!!!!!!!! How are you guys?! Dinner just has not been the same without you! :)

What I wouldn't do to be basking in the sunshine somewhere (bubbly rash breakout and everything) instead of this stupid office writing up ridiculous paperwork :rolleyes:

What a cute couple you are. The pix were amazing, especially the rainbows. The pix of Maho brought back many great memories. We had a blast there. I get those bumps too, from too much sun. You both would be so much fun to cruise with!!! Will have to go and read your other reviews. Happy sailing and stay warm this winter!

What a cute couple you are. The pix were amazing, especially the rainbows. The pix of Maho brought back many great memories. We had a blast there. I get those bumps too, from too much sun. You both would be so much fun to cruise with!!! Will have to go and read your other reviews. Happy sailing and stay warm this winter!

Thank you!

What do you do for the bumps? I am looking for a cure!

Archived