Ncl young kids club

lee101224

hi all ,

Setting sail on jade 3rd April . will be travelling with my 2 1/2 year old daughter . Would anyone mind sharing there thoughts on the kids clubs for the 2-5 year olds ? , she is very social and happy child , we have no plans of forcing her into the clubs , but she might like it . Have done some research and can find loads of pics , etc of the Disney ship we are going on next year , but very little about the NCL one .

Thanks in advance all

I don't have any pictures because after the first day's open house adults are not allowed inside.

My son's first cruise on NCL he had just turned 4 a few weeks before. He was in pre-K and an after school program so used to being seperated from me.

He LOVED everything about it. We are getting ready to go on his 4th NCL cruise. He really enjoys the program. In fact he can barely eat fast enough and rush off to go.

They usually will do a pirate parade around the ship. A prince/princess parade or party. Almost every day he had his entire face painted.

They did crafts, decorated t-shirts, had family lego building, family pizza making, cupcake decorating.

In the evening they would take them to the shows. Later they would lay down and watch a movie or do more quiet activities.

the counselors are all great- very friendly and give themselves fun names like Pizza, Snuggles etc

I just came off of the Jewel with my 5 year old, who was in the 2-5 year old group your child would be in. I havent scanned mine in yet but you should be able to search for the kids club schedule for the week (I know there are some posted for the Gem and I think Jewel, and it shouldnt be too different on your ship). On the Jewel the 2-5's were in a room NEXT to the room they showed on the website that was slightly less inviting because it didn't have any windows. However, I think they divided their time equally between the 2 rooms. My daughter didnt want to go at first but she ended up loving it and I usually couldnt get her to leave! They do a lot of theme events like a previous poster said, parades through the ship, a talent show, and every time I picked her up my daughter had her face painted differently to go with whatever theme they were doing, which she loved. She loved the counselors and they all seemed very caring. Overall, it was a great experience!

I have a six year old who is very shy and timid at first. Do they allow the parents to come in after the second day, if your child will not immediately leave your side? We'll never get a break if they don't. Thanks.

No, the first night my son was there I made the gross error of stepping over the threshold to help him with his shoes. I was scolded and told NO adults inside. Never made that mistake again!:eek:

From what I have read on here and other parents I have spoken to on board usually even the shy, timid or crying children end up having a good time. The counselors are very good about distracting them and/or entertaining them. If they can't get them happy and enjoying themselves after 15 min they will call you for a pick-up.

We just got back from a 7 day cruise on the Sun and my 4 year old says the Kids Korner was his very favorite. He is normally so shy so we had figured he would never want to go.

Our first day on the ship we went to visit and sign him up just in case and to our surprise he said he wanted to go back. The counselors were just wonderful and had so many great activities they did with the kids.

My husband and I had time alone to enjoy the ship each night and it was such a nice, unexpected time!

I have an odd question that hadn't even crossed my mind until I read this thread . . . . Will my kids be "odd man out" if they don't get their faces painted? They have extremely sensitive skin and it's been a disaster when I've let them get painted in the past. I can't even imagine if they were painted several times in a week. :eek:

My 4 year old son refused all face painting. He might have been the only one that didn't do it but he didn't seem to care and still had a wonderful time. For the pirate day they get eye patches and a bandana so they still get to look dressed up. There are so many things going on that I bet your kids won't even care that they aren't painting their face,

We are sailing on the Jewel later this month with my 5yo and 2yo.

I have no doubts my 5yo (almost 6) will love the kids club. She did it last year on epic, and has no separation issues.

I'm not sure how my 2yo will do. He's in a preschool program a few days a week so its not like I ever leave him. I'd love to hear from others who have had a 2yo in the NCL clubs. Specifically:

1) are the 2yos in with the older kids (up to 5) all the time, or are they separated out at all?

2) do they take the 2yos out on the parades etc ? My son is NUTS and I have a fear of him running off. He would need very close supervision?

3) does he need to walk in willingly himself, or can I hand him to one of the counselors? I know he'd love it once he got going, but i think the transition may be hard for him.

Would love to hear any input anybody has with the youngest kids and the kids club

Archived