New Orleans RV Campgrounds? NO residents PLEASE help!

bluesea4me

I'm hoping someone can really help here.....Zydecocruiser....your knowledge would be greatly appreciated....OR anyone else who knows NO;)

We are considering driving an RV down to the port and staying for a few days after the cruise at FQRV and Pontchatrain (sp)Landing and NO KOA. Can you please advise on the areas of these three places? This is what I know.

FQRV--nearest to FQ, and although advertised as "walkable" to FQ, I've read otherwise.

P.L.--a good distance to FQ, and has a shuttle to FQ. I'm finding glowing reviews, but some seem to be 1 post wonders and just happen to have the same names as the employees.

NO KOA--farther out to FQ, has a shuttle, and many bad reviews.

In the end, yes it would be great to stay in the FQ, but if I have to pay for a taxi already, then why bother? Also...are there any 6-7 passenger taxis?

I will take any and all information you can share about these places, thank you. I am prepared to hear.....get a hotel instead and keep the RV parked at the port. ;)

Thank you.

The only one I'm familiar with is the one near the French Quarter. Walking to and from the FQ during the day would not be a problem, but I wouldn't do it at night. A cab ride from Bourbon Street would cost about $8.00.

• 11 months later...
I'm hoping someone can really help here.....Zydecocruiser....your knowledge would be greatly appreciated....OR anyone else who knows NO;)

We are considering driving an RV down to the port and staying for a few days after the cruise at FQRV and Pontchatrain (sp)Landing and NO KOA. Can you please advise on the areas of these three places? This is what I know.

FQRV--nearest to FQ, and although advertised as "walkable" to FQ, I've read otherwise.

P.L.--a good distance to FQ, and has a shuttle to FQ. I'm finding glowing reviews, but some seem to be 1 post wonders and just happen to have the same names as the employees.

NO KOA--farther out to FQ, has a shuttle, and many bad reviews.

In the end, yes it would be great to stay in the FQ, but if I have to pay for a taxi already, then why bother? Also...are there any 6-7 passenger taxis?

I will take any and all information you can share about these places, thank you. I am prepared to hear.....get a hotel instead and keep the RV parked at the port. ;)

Thank you.

in case you get this - we are also thinking of taking our RV. What did you end up doing and how did it work out?

Archived