Top 5 Things You Must Pack

LeeNHCruiser

This is the list I have put together. We are traveling with a small family group so I plan to share this with them. You might not need all of these things. I am known for always being prepared so I might pack things you would never need. Thanks for the tip about the twin sheet, I added that. :)

Packing List for Cruises

· Binoculars

· Ginger Root Capsules

· Clothespins

· Power Strip

· Night Light

· Pepsi & Bottled Water

· Sinus/Headache Medications

· Visine

· Imodium

· Band-Aids/Neosporin

· Ones and Fives for tips

· Photo Mailer to pack pictures in.

· Hairdryer

· Jacket/Sweater

· Ziploc Bags

· Sewing Kit

· Travel Mugs

· Highlighter & Pen

· Post It Notes (Large Sized) & Sharpie

· Solid Air Freshener

· Ozium

· Sunscreen

· Hand Sanitizer- Bottled and Wet Ones individual packs for excursions/beach/pool

· Fanny Packs

· Snacks for Excursions (Individual packs crackers, fruit snacks, etc.)

· Lysol & Clorox Wipes

· Door Decorations

· Aloe Vera Lotion

· Clothes Steamer

· Scotch Tape

· Book

· Swiss Army Knife

· Bubbles for Sail Away

· Hair Dryer

· Golf Balls for mini-golf (the ship’s disappear)

· Crystal Light single serve packs

· Twin Flat Sheet for beach

1) First and foremost - sense of humor

2) special conditioner for your hair (salt water and salt air is harsh for hair)

3) a small shoulder bag for on board - or small purse like backpack for those times you are on board just hanging around

4) Be sure to keep those small bills handy for tips

5) a light jacket to wear up on deck in the evening that will go with anything.

along with the conditioner a good shampoo to clean out the salt/junk in your hair, like a deep cleansing shampoo.

Underwear!!! I forgot to pack my husband's the last cruise.

oh no!!:eek: glad there are other like me!! you dont know how many runs to walmart we have made in towns we dont know to get new undies!! LOL :o

now he makes sure that is the FIRST thing we pack !!!

p.s. where would you buy new ones on a cruise boat?? :confused:

I'm looking forward to family time with no chores to do.

Lee, with your great attitude I know you'll have a fantastic time. You'll have so much fun not cleaning and cooking and spending that time with your family instead -- it's so wonderful to be catered to on the ship! Enjoy yourself...I'm willing to bet this won't be your last cruise.;)

oh no!!:eek: glad there are other like me!! you dont know how many runs to walmart we have made in towns we dont know to get new undies!! LOL :o

now he makes sure that is the FIRST thing we pack !!!

p.s. where would you buy new ones on a cruise boat?? :confused:

Luckily, the gift shop had six pair ($36) one size smaller that usual. But hey at least he didn't have to go cammando all week. Hmm, maybe that would have been interesting.

Oh I feel stupid -- I didn't even look at the date of the OP...well, I hope Lee had fun! :p :o :D

:D I did ~ thank you very much for the well wishes!

I am subscribed to this thread and I was so pleased to see that it is still going on!!

That was our first cruise ~ what sweet memories. I will say the second cruise was a lot less stressful in terms of packing. I realized after the first cruise that 75% of the things I packed never made it out of the closet. I packed a lot lighter my second cruise and even lighter the third!

Our last cruise almost ended before it began. My husband's wallet was stolen in our departure airport and he had no ID. Long story short, our son brought us an old license (expired) to the airport, just in case. That saved us. We were able to get a State ID in Florida so that hubby could get on and off the boat in ports.

So, although it's highly unlikely you'll need it, a spare photo ID and back-up copy of birth certificate can come in handy. Maybe even photocopies of your IDs and essential documents. Keep it somewhere separate from your wallet. I don't know what else we would have done.

Pillow cases

I read this suggestion on the board after we went on our cruise. But I will remember them for our next cruise. For some reason my daughter was highly allergic to the pillow case on her pillow. Her face turned red and puffed up like a balloon. Thankfully we had benedryl with us and tried it after we figured out what was going on.

This is a clock with alarm, and a light so when you pick it up you can find the way to the bathroom without turning on the whole light. It's not too expensive either.

I don't mean to sound like a salesman nor do I work for brooksone I just love this little clock/light.

Microbeam™ Travel Clock

spacer.gifBrookstone sku # 440685

Microbeam™ Travel Clock automatically lights your way when you pick it up. Never again do you have to fumble around in dark hotel rooms or your host's home. Simply pick up this handsome travel clock to activate the two powerful LED lights located on the bottom. Clock features alarm, day/date, and the current temperature. LCD display shows time in big, easy-to-read digits. To see what time it is in complete darkness, gently press the top of the clock and a backlight turns on for five seconds. The LED lights have three modes: on, off, and autolight (they turn on when you pick the clock up). An absolute must for business travelers! 3"H X 3"W X 2"D

• Duct tape is a must
  • Lysol to spray on toilet in your cabin and use to keep room fresh
  • Make sure you and hubby carry different credit/debit cards, not duplications. If your/his gets lost or stolen, your vacation is not ruined.
  • Yellow highlighters
  • Extra bag to bring back soveniers

• Duct tape is a must
  • Lysol to spray on toilet in your cabin and use to keep room fresh
  • Make sure you and hubby carry different credit/debit cards, not duplications. If your/his gets lost or stolen, your vacation is not ruined.
  • Yellow highlighters
  • Extra bag to bring back soveniers

If you bring diffferent credit cards, make sure you have customer serivce info for the ones you have in case they are lost or stolen. Losing the only card you have with the info on the back makes it difficult to cancel it.

passport, camera, non-drowsy dramamine, sunscreen and good walking shoes.

Archived