Seven-Story-High Wave Hits Cruise Ship

aanselm

Stuff happens. I hope it happens to people better emotionally equipped to handle it than I do but the truth is heros are just ordinary people who do what they need to do to get through it... So, that said, my view of cruising has not changed and will not. It's a boat on the water, BIG water as my son calls it, waves happen.

I grew up in a house that sits about a quarter mile from the San Andreas Fault. You think some little old wave is going to scare me?
I'm with you Doris. I grew up in south Louisiana, hurricane alley. If I could weather 7 hurricanes making a direct hit on my hometown, I won't let the infinitesimal possibility of a rogue wave hitting the ship I'm on stop me from cruising. ;)

It might effect the cruising for me. If between the bedbugs on RCI and the wave on NCL scares enough people who changes their minds and don't cruise, there might be enough good deals out there for me to take an extra cruise or so. So, yes, if people are silly enough to let these things bother them, my cruising may be effected.

I hope this isn't opening a huge can of worms, but I just saw the video on CNN and I am really confused...

Passengers were angry with NCL. Is there a legitimate reason that I am missing, or do people actually expect cruise lines to be able to control mother nature?

Leaving on Sapphire Princess (Osaka to Seattle) in SIX DAYS!!!!! YEA!!!!!!

:D :D :D

Nope. But the report of all those flooded cabins does get a "wow." Does anyone know how exactly the flooding occurs? Does the water flow down the stairs? Up the stairs? Along the hallways? How does it get into all those cabins? Just curious.

Water wouldn't normally flow upstairs. From What I understand the wave hit the front of the ship broke windows and cascaded in. So it would flow down the halls and down the stairs. When you see water rising from below it normally means the boat is sinking and the water is staying the same but it looks like it rising because the ship is going in the other direction. I am sure this is scary but since none of us where on the Titanic, I don't think this is a fair comparison....

E I E I NO!

I hear a "no"storm coming..

A "no" ha

Cab"no"

etc..

:p Allow me to add ...

Tic Tac NO

and

NO Way, Jose'

and

Marco PolNO

so that about sums up the SIX NOPES from our crowd sailing the Dawn this upcoming October!:D

Two more No's from us.

If anything - after hearing how well trained the NCL staff was and how they handled the passengers if makes me feel more secure that they would react well in an emergency situation and be able to calm the crowd instead of letting all hell break loose.

Archived