Just back from the Century, 4/9-4/16 only one complaint

helenkpa

We really had a great cruise, the staff was wonderful, we were on the Panaroma Deck, state room 8131. We liked the location, we were close to the elevators, but the area did not have a lot of foot traffic.

The food was fabulous, this included the main dining room and the buffets. We enjoyed the ports, Ochio Rios, Georgetown, Cozmel, and Key West. The weather was beautiful and the seas were pretty calm, except for late Friday night early Saturday morning on the way back to Fort Lauderdale.

We had only one complaint, the tender in Grand Cayman. The ship used the life boats. They are relatively small, and no air flow! We sat in one waiting for the trip back to the ship and all the passengers were complaining, it was hot there are no fans and there were no windows to speak of, just the door way, a window on the opposite side and a small opening at the top of the roof. I realize that they do not want to return to the ship with only a partially filled boat, but it was unbearable. Most of the other ships in port had larger boats, so I do not know if there was nothing else available or if Celebrity uses the life boats on a regular basis.

It was a small issue in the scheme of things, otherwise everything was exceptional!

The weather was great, very hot though in Cozumel. We took an excursion to the Tulum ruins, which was nice. But it was very very hot walking through the ruins. I'm sure the temp was in the mid to high 90s.

Make sure you take sun screen!

Sunscreen I've got, but the bucketful! I'm very fair skinned, so I always bring lots and reapply often. (I also spend lots of time running from shade tree to shade tree) ;)

Thanks for the weather report, I'm so excited I just can't wait!

Archived