Canon D10 waterproof camera $199

GoodCoffee

$199 with free shipping for one of THE BEST underwater cameras available.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001SER460/

Here are some sample pictures taken with this camera: http://www.flickr.com/groups/canond10/

I see the price of this camera has come down extensively. I have heard horrible horrible things about this camera. I bought myself a Canon PowerShot, underwater housing for said camera, a regular carrying case, an extra battery, a float strap and a memory card for under $200 (plus free shipping from amazon). I was totally worried about the camera and the underwater housing, but my Canon underwater housing worked amazingly, and I got awesome underwater pictures. I can't wait to get more (my battery ran out the day we went into the ocean, so I wasn't able to get underwater ocean pics and only got underwater pool pics).

I see the price of this camera has come down extensively. I have heard horrible horrible things about this camera.

You're right, the price has fallen extensively. Last year I bought a "refurbished" model direct from Canon and it was around $189 and that was the sale price after coupon with free shipping. If only I had the luxury of waiting I would have purchased a Panasonic or this model brand new.

Horrible things about this camera? Can you provide some links/reviews which mentions this?

Thanks!

You're right, the price has fallen extensively. Last year I bought a "refurbished" model direct from Canon and it was around $189 and that was the sale price after coupon with free shipping. If only I had the luxury of waiting I would have purchased a Panasonic or this model brand new.

Horrible things about this camera? Can you provide some links/reviews which mentions this?

Thanks!

read the reviews listed right on the amazon site for this camera - there were far more worse reviews than there were good (and I couldn't spend $289 for a waterproof camera that could possibly stop working after getting wet one to four times). I spent a good amount of time researching this camera and the underwater housing I have for my current camera (as well as other cameras that are waterproof - although I really wanted a Canon). And even a good majority of the reviews right on the Canon site gave bad reviews (http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_d10) - If your camera has been working for you after having been underwater, that is awesome. I really wanted this camera, but like I said - the reviews versus the cost had me freaking out so I went another route (and I'm actually very happy with my little PowerShot with the housing).

I purchased one thru Amazon 2 years ago and paid something close to $300 for it. It probably has accompanied me on at least two dozen snorkel excursions now and I have been extremely pleased with it. My guess that having been in production for over two years now its run is coming to an end and thus the reduction in price. Here is a link to some photos that I took last year, when I get around to it I will post some that I have taken late last year and then again last month.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/579652140oBLRLs

I have never seen a bad review for the Canon D10, but I only checked professional reviews, not amazon, before purchasing it for my daughter 2 years ago. There are dozens of very good professional reviews that can be found by googling it - unfortunately after I purchased the camera I deleted them from my favourites so I don't have them readily available right now. My daughter has had this camera snorkeling in salt water at least 15-20 times, has dropped it several times and has never had a problem with it whatsoever.

I note the D20 is going to have a launch price of $350 so the $199 closing price of the D10 looks pretty good. It that the LED screen is larger then the D10 which will be a nice feature. Both cameras are 12.1 mps but the D20 will have a 5X zoom whereas the D10 is 3X, however I have never come close to using 3X underwater.

I note the D20 is going to have a launch price of $350 so the $199 closing price of the D10 looks pretty good. It that the LED screen is larger then the D10 which will be a nice feature. Both cameras are 12.1 mps but the D20 will have a 5X zoom whereas the D10 is 3X, however I have never come close to using 3X underwater.

AFAIK I have never used zoom underwater, I hope the Canon D10 prices drop even more.

If it drops to $150, I might buy another as a backup camera.

I actually paid somewhere near the introductory price of roughly $300 for this camera and absolutely love it. I've had to return it to Canon twice for leakage and lens errors. The leaking was actually my fault, as I was a little tipsy on the cozumel bar hop and and went into the water with the memory card slot partially open. I told Canon this (I'm way too honest), and they still replaced the camera free of charge. Furthermore, the warranty was out of date by 11 months when I had the lens error issue, and they still replaced it free of charge. The camera is a great weekend warrior camera, and a cruising staple for us.

I have never seen bad reviews for the D10 either. I completely sweat by the product. I've had mine since it came out and never had a problem with it. It goes everywhere with me both on vacation, in the sea, swimming in chlorine, every day life pictures...you name it. I actually ONLY took this camera with me on our last cruise in September (instead of dragging along the dslr and all the lens and equipment) just because it does such a wonderful job. I was thinking the price I paid for mine was around $399, but I don't remember what the circumstance was (thinking maybe you couldn't find them at the time or something???), but I may be wrong. I just know the prices have dropped drastically (and I couldn't be happier).

I almost purchased another one of these actually last night. I had found one for $160 and went to the grocery store and came back to purchase it and someone already had. :mad: <---still kicking myself for not just going ahead and buying it before leaving the house last night.

Anyhow, I'm going to buy another D10 before our next cruise next month so that me and the hubby will not fight over who get to use it during snorkeling this time around. :D I wish I could wait on the D20, but it doesn't look like it's going to be out any time soon.

That was a great price for the camera!

I note the D20 is going to have a launch price of $350 so the $199 closing price of the D10 looks pretty good. It that the LED screen is larger then the D10 which will be a nice feature.

Do you know when this will be available? Also, is there a website where you can read more about it? Thanks~

Archived