Imagination vs Destiny Opinions

Rottweiler Puppy

Looking to take the whole tribe next month. Its between Imagination or Destiny. 4 kids 15,17,18,20 and me and my GF.

Passenger make up? Which would be better?

Food? different options and such

Room service food?

Ship layout?

I sailed Liberty last year and loved it but am worried about the lines on Destiny I read about due to its layout.

I am sure we will enjoy either one as we can make the best of anything.

Also just in case. We are also looking at Celebrity Millenium but are worried it might be boring for the kids.

I've been on both. I liked them both, but probably preferred Destiny. Imagination is a small boat. I did like the Imaginations dining rooms more than the Destiny. Also, I did find Destinys layout to be a bit more confusing. But the decor was less tacky than the Imagination and it was overall a more impressive ship. I think the food was probably equally as good on both.

The imagination went to Key West and Cozumel- I loved both ports. Destiny went to Nassau (blah IMO), Half Moon Cay (boring...) and Grand Turk (went to an amazing local beach/did some amazing snorkeling). I preferred the Destiny as a ship but the ports of the Imagination.

Thanks for the information. I am having a hard time deciding. Less crowds would be nice and the passenger make up is a little important.

I already know what to expect with Carnival food so thats not too important to know I guess.

Both will probably be fine I guess. Just worried about the buffet on the Destiny. I hear its a crappy layout.

I did not like the layout of the buffet on the Triumph, but I still booked on the Destiny (same layout) and plan on grinning and bearing it. I avoid the area except at lunch or just skipped it and went out back to grab a burger or some pizza, we spent a lot of time there and enjoyed that pool area and getting away from the noise of the lido deck.

We learned the layout quickly, while its not as easy as the alternate ship, once you figure it out, its simple. I love the size of the Imagination (Fantasy class ship) as you can see I sailed them many of time. A big draw back on that size ship though for my boys, is they did away with the basketball court when they put in the evolutions of fun. My boys enjoy that more then the slides. I think the Destiny has more to do, more pools and the big screen, which is a lot of fun when it comes to deck parties and Movies under the stars.

I think you will find the same clientele on either ship, its pretty much college spring break month, so expect to see some partying going on. But I would just choose which itinerary you like best. I have never been to Grand Turk so this was another draw for us to choose the Destiny.

We did the Destiny (and the Victory-same layout) and we like the layout, though there are some line issues depending on what time you are eating. We are doing the Imigination in April which we have heard is much better regarding the buffett area.

Thanks for the added info.

My kids are all older. 15,17,18,20 so I dont know if that matters. Waterworks looks refreshing but my kids are probably too old for that.

Its only a 4 day cruise. Key West and Cozumel. Same places for both ships. I am feeling eiter will be fine I guess.

I originally leaned Destiny because I sailed on the Liberty and the deck plans are very similar. Figured I would get around easier. For me it takes a couple days to get use to a ship. Part of me is worried that by the time I get used to is, the cruise is almost older. Another part of me like exploring new ships as well.

It seems most preferred the Destiny though. Anything about it that puts it above the Imagination?

I think as far as size, they are about the same except the Destiny has an extra floor. An extra floor means an extra thousand people. The buffets are about the same so therefore you have a thousand more people crammed in line. I have been on the Destiny and 3 of the fantasy class ships. I would pick the fantasy class over the Destiny anytime.

We chose the destiny again because of the balconies. Doing the grand Turk one, but have done the key west Cozumel one last July. From all the posts I thought destiny would be horrible. While there is an old fashioned bottle opener in the bath room and the toilet paper is practically behind the toilet we had a great time. The game of plopping the toilet paper on the counter, leaving and finding it behind the toilet was something silly we laugh at to this day. Staff was great. Ship was clean. Food was good. Ds found kids club to be a bit lacking but I'm sure your kids would probably hang out together. What ever ship you choose, you will have fun. I will say that I live 4 hours from the keys, and was not looking forward to key west. We had lots of fun. It was actually quite different from a cruise ship perspective.

Imagination was my first cruise and Destiny was my second, and I think the Destiny was just a more impressive ship. It was obviously newer, nicer and larger. However, I liked the Imagination just fine and I did find it easier to get around/the layout to be better.

Thanks again folks. You guys keep CC great.

Looks like it will be a June cruise. Hope the weather is calm.

I think for Key West we will just stay on the ship as I can drive there later if I want to see it again. Not really my favorite place down here in Florida anyway. May as well enjoy a ship with less folks on it that day.

Archived