Can't Decide!!

Lance'sBride

We are down to two cruises and can't decide between them, please help! :)

We are looking at doing either the Valor stopping in La Romana, San Juan, Grand Turk, and Nassau; or doing the Victory stopping in St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, and Nassau. (So basically, Valor in La Romana vs. Victory in St. Thomas). The Victory is $105 more per person.

Any suggestions?

We are down to two cruises and can't decide between them' date=' please help! :)

We are looking at doing either the Valor stopping in La Romana, San Juan, Grand Turk, and Nassau; or doing the Victory stopping in St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, and Nassau. (So basically, Valor in La Romana vs. Victory in St. Thomas). The Victory is $105 more per person.

Any suggestions?[/quote']

Considering how little there was to do in La Romana (other than a Carnival excursion that was so-so), I vote Victory and St. Thomas ! :D

The Valor is a nicer ship than the Victory. I do not like that fact that the Victory does not have fridges in the cabins. It's like an inbetween between the Fantasy Class and the Conquest Class.

Depends on what you want, destination or journey.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Victory only has one itinerary: St. Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts, & St Maarten. And it leaves from San Juan. That is a spectacular itinerary!!! If you're looking at a different ship with the itinerary you listed, then I agree to go the St Thomas route. That is one of my favorite ports!!!

Are you limited in what week you can cruise? The reason I ask is because Valor has many great itineraries, and the one you listed is not one of their better ones. The Aruba itineraries are popular. The ones to Antigua & Tortola are popular. Nassau gets trashed in so many reviews, unless they spend tons of money at Atlantis. We've got Nassau on our 2013 itinerary, but the other 3 great ports more than make up for it.

Which itinerary do you *want* to do ? It has been my experience that the "Fun Ships" are all pretty much the same...same food, same entertainment, and so on, but ports...ports are very different. Researching the ports of call is the first step. Then look at port of debarkation, are they the same ? If not air to one might be much cheaper.

The Valor is a nicer ship than the Victory. I do not like that fact that the Victory does not have fridges in the cabins. It's like an inbetween between the Fantasy Class and the Conquest Class.

Depends on what you want, destination or journey.

You can always request a fridge for your cabin in the Victory. Requesting one doesn't guarantee it, but it's always worth a try if it's important to you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Victory only has one itinerary: St. Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts, & St Maarten. And it leaves from San Juan. That is a spectacular itinerary!!! If you're looking at a different ship with the itinerary you listed, then I agree to go the St Thomas route. That is one of my favorite ports!!!

Are you limited in what week you can cruise? The reason I ask is because Valor has many great itineraries, and the one you listed is not one of their better ones. The Aruba itineraries are popular. The ones to Antigua & Tortola are popular. Nassau gets trashed in so many reviews, unless they spend tons of money at Atlantis. We've got Nassau on our 2013 itinerary, but the other 3 great ports more than make up for it.

Good catch! It is actually the Liberty, not the Victory! I have been looking at cruises for so long all the names are swirling in my head! :) And yes, we are pretty limited at the time we are going, we have to go either the 2nd or 3rd week of December due to my husband's work schedule.

Good catch! It is actually the Liberty' date=' not the Victory! I have been looking at cruises for so long all the names are swirling in my head! :) And yes, we are pretty limited at the time we are going, we have to go either the 2nd or 3rd week of December due to my husband's work schedule.[/quote']

We'll be on Valor 12/2 and Glory 12/9. Prices are already creeping up from when I booked last Dec. Glory will have the 2.0 upgrades completed in Nov. Just remembered Liberty has 2.0 upgrade. Valor had best price and was my first choice. Decided to add Glory for a doubleheader. Liberty departs on Sat. which doesn't work best for me.

I still say do the Victory out of San Juan!! Have you seen those amazing ports?!?! :p

Getting back to your correct question, I'd choose Liberty.

Have you looked at what time your in ports? That's another deciding factor for me when choosing between a ship. Also, do you have a cabin in mind? I'd look at both cruises and decide which has the best cabin for the best price.

Archived