Proper Directions to Cape Liberty

Snostar

I've been all over, getting conflicting directions to Cape Liberty. Sailing 2/17 on EOS. I will be traveling North on 440 from Staten Island. Some say turn on Port Terminal Boulevard and some say (make a left) in Bayonne Ocean Terminal. I've read many passengers have missed the road to the port. Are there any landmarks for the turn off 440?

I did find really good directions somewhere on these boards.....can't find them now...Thanks

I got the directions from the Cape Liberty Port website. Going north on 440 from Staten Island, after you cross the Bayonne Bridge, you make a right into Bayonne Ocean terminal. The signage is poor, but we didn't miss it - just look hard for it. The only landmark is a shopping center on the right a little before the turn. It was really very easy to do, and not as complicated as it sounds.

Look on the East Coast Departure board for a you tube video that someone took of the route into the terminal.

I've been all over, getting conflicting directions to Cape Liberty. Sailing 2/17 on EOS. I will be traveling North on 440 from Staten Island. Some say turn on Port Terminal Boulevard and some say (make a left) in Bayonne Ocean Terminal. I've read many passengers have missed the road to the port. Are there any landmarks for the turn off 440?

I did find really good directions somewhere on these boards.....can't find them now...Thanks

Hi Snostar,

I'd be willing to bet you found the directions on this thread, over the east coast departures: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1160277 .

The signs for Port Terminal Boulevard aren't over-the-top obvious but if you're looking for it, you'll be fine. In 4/2011, we did miss the left turn (but realized as soon as we did) and had to turn around wasting about 5 minutes. Not a big deal. We missed our turn because they had moved the entrance slightly from when we had sailed in 4/2010 and we were expecting the 'old' entrance.

See you in 10 days :D

Hi Snostar,

I'd be willing to bet you found the directions on this thread, over the east coast departures: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1160277 .

The signs for Port Terminal Boulevard aren't over-the-top obvious but if you're looking for it, you'll be fine. In 4/2011, we did miss the left turn (but realized as soon as we did) and had to turn around wasting about 5 minutes. Not a big deal. We missed our turn because they had moved the entrance slightly from when we had sailed in 4/2010 and we were expecting the 'old' entrance.

See you in 10 days :D

Port Terminal Boulevard? The youtube video I watched had a sign that said Bayonne Ocean Terminal, maybe that was the old sign. And traveling north I will be making a left???! You lost 5 whole minutes!.....that would be 5 minutes less in the hot tub on day 1...;) Thanks

I live on Staten Island and have sailed from Cape Liberty quite a few times. From Staten island, I-278 to exit for 440 North to Bayonne Bridge. You go over the Bayonne Bridge and take 440. You will be making a RIGHT TURN from 440 into the terminal and then following the road to the ship. There is a traffic light at the intersection of 440 and the entrance to the terminal as well as a sign. It is difficult to miss unless you're not paying attention.

Archived