Parking in Miami

dja31705

Go down to the North American Homeports Forum. Before you open it, click on Florida Departures. There you will find your info. I was a part of a large thread on off site parking in Miami. There are a couple of threads. Take them all with a grain of salt. I usually don't pay attention to the one where their first and only post bash a parking location. No posts about the cruise, roll call etc., just how horrible the parking lot was.:rolleyes:

You can just click on my user name, go to posts made by me, and you will see offsite Miami parking thread.

Globalairportparking dot com. I just booked with them and did last year as well. Choose premier cruise parking, the one that says secured garage. I had no issues with them. They will take up to four people on the shuttle to the port and back from the port. I did have to wait about 30 minutes when I got off the ship to get picked up but that was no . big deal to me. Should only be about $60 to 65 for a seven to eight day cruise.

http://www.portofmiamicruiseparking.com

I used this lot with zero problems. $4.50 a day. $31.50 for 7 days total.

There has been some negative reviews by some that have not used the lot and there are a lot of positives. Plain and simple, it's a parking lot that is fenced.

The only con to this lot is if you think homeless people are scary and they freak you out then dont park here. The homeless coalition has picked the corner of NE 7th and I believe 2nd street as the feeding location for the homeless.

There is no broken glass in as someone reported (to scare people). The lady at the gate was nice. I showed her my paper (reservation) She pointed to a parking spot and asked if that was ok with me. I backed my 2012 SUV in to the spot. The lot had many new vehicles parked there contrary to other questionable reviews. I walked out of the gate walked 1 block and waved down a taxi that took me to he port. Cost was $8 including tip.

Taxi back after cruise was simple. Gave driver address and this time it was $10 including tip. Same lady was there at the gate.

Yes the place "looks" iffy but the price comparison to parking at the port is a no brainer. Total cost under $50.

If you look at the negative reviews just keep in mind there was only one review that the person actually parked there and her rental car was just fine. Everyone else said it looked dangerous or their husband was a cop and he would not park there. :rolleyes:

http://www.portofmiamicruiseparking.com

I used this lot with zero problems. $4.50 a day. $31.50 for 7 days total.

There has been some negative reviews by some that have not used the lot and there are a lot of positives. Plain and simple, it's a parking lot that is fenced.

The only con to this lot is if you think homeless people are scary and they freak you out then dont park here. The homeless coalition has picked the corner of NE 7th and I believe 2nd street as the feeding location for the homeless.

There is no broken glass in as someone reported (to scare people). The lady at the gate was nice. I showed her my paper (reservation) She pointed to a parking spot and asked if that was ok with me. I backed my 2012 SUV in to the spot. The lot had many new vehicles parked there contrary to other questionable reviews. I walked out of the gate walked 1 block and waved down a taxi that took me to he port. Cost was $8 including tip.

Taxi back after cruise was simple. Gave driver address and this time it was $10 including tip. Same lady was there at the gate.

Yes the place "looks" iffy but the price comparison to parking at the port is a no brainer. Total cost under $50.

If you look at the negative reviews just keep in mind there was only one review that the person actually parked there and her rental car was just fine. Everyone else said it looked dangerous or their husband was a cop and he would not park there. :rolleyes:

I used this lot as well on my recent cruise and agree with everything you've written. It's a simple parking lot. I had booked a week on line, and at the last minute decided to stay Friday night in Miami. I called the contact number, left a message and within a minute had a return call. I arranged to add on an additional night, with a verbal agreement to just pay the attendant the additional $4.50. When I arrived Friday night about 5:30pm, the attendant showed me where to park, asked if I was sure I was there on the right day. Explained about the call with the additional night, gave him $5 and walked back to the hotel I was staying at.

It was an $8 cab ride back to my car when my cruise was over. From the direction I came up to the lot, I actually didn't even notice any homeless people the night I dropped off my car. I did not realize it was near the coalition spot until the morning I picked the car up.

I wouldn't hesitate to use the lot again. It was convenient. The only down side I can even imagine is if you park your car there the morning of your cruise. Taxi's aren't standing around, you need to arrange for one to meet you there. The website states this, so it's not like it would be an unexpected thing. For me, if I came down the morning of my cruise, I'd drop off my luggage, go park and walk to port. It's well within my comfortable and easy walking zone.

I used United Airport Parking http://www.unitedairportparking.com/ for our most recent past cruise and absolutely no complaints. It's in a gated, secure garage about a half mile from the port in the art district of Miami. It seemed very safe. I loved the idea my car was going to be in a garage for 7 days. It cost me around $70 for all 7 days plus we were able to use their free shuttle to the port and they picked us up from the port.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived