Holiday Inn - Port of Miami

cctexan

Approximately three years ago we stayed at the Holiday Inn across from Bayside prior to sailing on the Grandeur of the Seas. At that time the hotel was less than desirable although the location was fantastic. (The windows were so dirty you could barely make out the ships in the harbor and the continental breakfast was more like a food fight!). We will be sailing again in February from the Port of Miami and would like to hear from someone who has recently stayed at this Holiday Inn. Has this hotel been renovated? The location was so good we would like to stay here again IF it has been brought up to date. Otherwise, please give us a suggestion as to a good pre-cruise hotel in this general area.

Stayed there in Dec, 2004. Toilet flooded (before even being used), room was dirty, and forget trying to sleep-very noisy due to band concert across the street that ended after 1AM. The Sunday brunch was an exercise in futility: long lines to get in, bad wait staff for drink refills, and constant empty bowls where food was supposed to be on the buffet line. I am a HI platinum member; this was one of the worst experiences I have had at a HI. I did talk to the mgr. He was apologetic and tried to make things right by awarding add'l reward points to my acct, but I could never recommend this hotel.

• 1 month later...

We are staying here in December for a pre cruise night. Seems to be in an excellent location - across from Bayside Marketplace (For more info... www.baysidemarketplace.com), close to pier, 2 blocks from liquor store, and a grocery store near by to purchase soda and water!

here is a page ALL about this hotel- Also if you check their website, I believe they have a package for car parking for the week.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=1885954

I stayed at this hotel on May 6th 2005! We had a group of 40 people that all stayed there on a Friday night before our cruise on the Triumph. Overall, this hotel was very nice. We had no problems with our rooms! They were all clean and nothing was broken or run down. In my room, it looked like the bathroom had had new tile put in recently, and the carpet and bedding were up to date but did not look brand new. In the morning, we went to breakfast around 8:30 and there was no line to get in. Around 9:15 or so a line started forming, but no one had to wait more that 10-15 min. The lobby does get a little bit busy since most people are leaving to catch a cruise ship, and it was a bit difficult for some of the people in our group to catch the elevator down to the lobby since everyone was trying to get out with luggage around the same time. This was a great hotel to stay in and it definitely was nice to have the Bayside right across the street. We took a short cab ride to the ship and it was only $7. If you have any other questions let me know. We got a group rate of $83.99 per night through the hotel.

Thanks for the review TBachi.. I will be staying there for 5 nights total pre/post cruise.. even tho it will be for sleeping mostly I have stuck with the positive reviews and really am waiting to enjoy it!!!

Would you happen to have pictures of the Holiday Inn Port of Miami? I am booked there for a pre cruise in december as well, but I have read both neg and pos reviews and I am so confused. Just wondering if there are any pictures of the place. The web site dont show much.

Just to reconfirm--you did say it was clean, right?

Thanks for your input.

Stacy

stacyinpa if they do not have pictures maybe you can take some when you stay there.. I sure will but I will be going after you.. :) As I stated I am staying there a total of 5 days pre/post cruise.. I have read all the reviews and would not have booked and paid for a hotel that is gross... It is a HI and it is not the Ritz so go in and enjoy.. if everything is clean and you get a good nights sleep.. and can enjoy the bayside marketplace across the street you should be happy!!! No matter what the reviews it is what you make it.. I have no choice in the matter as I have booked thru the net and it is non refundable.. Enjoy is all I have to say:)

• 3 weeks later...

I just went online to book this hotel for the night of Jan 28/06 and it says there is No Availability. Do you really think it is fully booked already?? Our cruise is still 7 months away. I am going to try calling them tonight to see if I can get a room. I really hope so. I thought I had lots of time to book this hotel.

I just went online to book this hotel for the night of Jan 28/06 and it says there is No Availability. Do you really think it is fully booked already?? Our cruise is still 7 months away. I am going to try calling them tonight to see if I can get a room. I really hope so. I thought I had lots of time to book this hotel.

They do book up fast .. let us know how you made out with calling them directly..:)

We booked three rooms at this hotel a month ago, and after we booked there was only one room left. We are also staying one night pre/post cruise in December. Can you swim across the street?

Yes, they do book up fast.:)

I ended up calling the hotel directly and found out that the Miami Marathon is the weekend of Jan 28-29 and the runners have booked the whole hotel. I did convince them to release one room to me and I booked it, but it was a struggle. I looked at the marathon route and that hotel is right at the finish line so that is why they booked it.

I ended up calling the hotel directly and found out that the Miami Marathon is the weekend of Jan 28-29 and the runners have booked the whole hotel. I did convince them to release one room to me and I booked it, but it was a struggle. I looked at the marathon route and that hotel is right at the finish line so that is why they booked it.

Glad you got a room !!! :) Happy Cruising cross that off the list of to do's :)

I just booked this hotel today direct with the Hotel by telephone. Got a rate of $132 per night to include breakfast and no cancellation charges. Could have got it a bit cheaper if I wanted to pre pay but at least I have the option to change.

We are travelling with our grown kids who really wanted to stay on South Beach as we have never visited Miami before but I just dont feel I want to pay the hotel rates that they are charging there. I figure we can stay at Bayside and take a taxi to SOBE to see what it is like.

We are staying for 2 nights pre cruise before sailing on the Jewel of the Seas from FLL, if anyone has any ideas how much we will pay for a taxi for 6 adults from the HI to port evergaldes I'd be glad to hear from them, or any suggestions as the best /cheapest way to get there.

Irishnewfie...I think you and I are going to be there at the same time but for different ships....we are arriving March 3rd and sail March 5th 2006.

Hope this hotel comes good for us all and look forward to any photos or reviews that anyone cares to post ( I have looked tripadvisor but you can never have too much info)

Happycruzer

Go here: Its a cool Port of Call Hotel finder website that Alicia68 Found.

This hotel which I also book for March 06, has been updated, there are 7 reviews from other cruisers on this website and they are all good, The hotel has been refurb. The only drawback someone listed the music from across the street was loud, the Bayside Market, And the other one is they wish they had a shuttle to the terminal.

http://www.cruiseporthotels.com/

Archived