ATV Riding and Zip Lining in Mexico

Ted W

Going to Mexico for 9 days on the Spirit on March 30. My kids want toATV but are only 13 and 15, so they do not meet the Carnival excursion aga requirements of 18. We also want to zip line.

What are the best locations to do this.Our ports are Cabo, manzanillo, Ensenada and Puerto Vallarta

We're on the same cruise! We are planning on booking zip lining in Cabo. Everyone says that it's prettier in PV, but we have other plans for there. Also, the outfit in Cabo has tandem zip lining which I thought is reassuring for my youngest. We will be booking with Cabo Canopy Tours on their Monster Zips.

Hope this helps

You might want to explore the Ports of Call section on these boards and you'll get lots of ideas.

I did ATV's in both Cabo and Manzanillo and preferred Cabo because you ride on the beach, which is where you should be riding those things because they can be dangerous. They also took us out to a dry lake bed. In Manzanillo, they take you out on a the road through little villages but also through some pretty rough trails.

A friend of mine talked the independant operation into letting her 14 & 16 year old ride, but they are both motocross racers which is why it was allowed. Look for an independant operator and see what you can work out.

Which-ever one you decide on, (zip-line) make sure you get transportation to the top. I did the canopy zipline in PV, and it was a walk-up. All the steps were different heights, and I could hardly walk the next day. They had a open taxi to the base, but it was a walk-up to the top, whew! It was fun, and I don't regret it one bit. I'm on the Spirit just before you, so I'll be easy on the ship,....oh yeah, I'll tell the capt. you're coming. Enjoy

Archived