tour of Iguazu Falls from cruise ship stop

candance

We're' going to be in Buenas Aires from 3pm one day until 8pm the next. (This is next Feb) Is that enough time to go to Iguazu falls and get back before sailing? Any recommendation for a tour guide to pick us up at the pier, get us to Iguazu falls and guide us around and back to the ship. I read about Defrantur in one of the posts - anyone have experience with them doing cruise ships tours to Iguazu Falls?

Airlines in Argentina are not the most dependable. There are frequent schedule changes, late departures, and cancellations. So, while I suppose it is theoretically possible to fly to Iguazu in the evening, tour the falls in the morning, and fly back to BA in the afternoon in timer to board the ship before its departure, the timing is a crap shoot. Depending upon where your cruise begins/ends, it would make more sense to extend your trip a couple of days for a pre or post cruise tour of the falls. You can get to Iguazu from Rio, Buenos Aires, Montevideo or Santiago.

VERY risky. We just returned…flights were delayed or cancelled (friends had to be rebooked for an afternoon flight.) Plus, you really need several days to see the falls…it's a lot of walking in 100 degree heat and humidity.

It is possible but why put yourself through the worry. And besides, to really enjoy the falls, you need two days if not more. We spent 2+ days there and it is one of the few places in SA that I am ready to return to. If your ship were docking in the morning you would have a far better chance of doing this shorex. To do what you want you would have to catch the 7:05 PM flight from AEP and the return on the 3:15 or 3:45 PM flight. You would have perhaps 4/5 hours on the trails because of when the park opens. Catch the train to Devil's Throat and walk raipidly to the falls and return; and you have used almost 3 hours of your time. There are two or three other trails that you could do that would take as long. Do the excursion as a pre or post cruise trip!

We're' going to be in Buenas Aires from 3pm one day until 8pm the next. (This is next Feb) Is that enough time to go to Iguazu falls and get back before sailing? Any recommendation for a tour guide to pick us up at the pier, get us to Iguazu falls and guide us around and back to the ship. I read about Defrantur in one of the posts - anyone have experience with them doing cruise ships tours to Iguazu Falls?

Very risky if your flight back to BA is delayed. Definitely use Lan over Aero Argentina. We used Defrantur who did arrange tour to./within Igusau Falls with pick up and return to the airport and tour guide very good. Their tour arrangements in BA were not good (made changes without my permission).

Archived