Yeah, I know, another OBC question

pyropoodle

so, i know there are lots of these OBC questions, and I know how to add OBC to my room, but there is a twist, so I need some advice.

I just booked a cruise for next January on the Legend. While this will be cruise number 5 for me,this will be the first time that I have taken a small group of people with me ( a total of 5 of us), and therefore the first time I am having to do all of the planning and setting up of this vacation. the other 4 people are basically giving me money and I am booking cruise/flights/hotel/ and OBC for everyone.

here are my questions and I would appreciate any insight or ideas on how to go about doing this

Question 1. Can I add OBC to individuals travelling? or can it only go to the room as a whole?

As I said, i am travelling with 4 other people, all of whom are not related, so i don't want to put the whole entire thing on my credit card and be responsible for the one gambler that we are taking with us.

Here is the other twist in the situation, Since 2 of us have cruised Carnival before and were planning on sharing one of the rooms, I was advised by my Carnival TA (the first time i have ever gone through Carnival directly to book by the way) to put the booking with Me in one room with two other people and the other Past Guest in the room with the other person to get the best rate, and then we can switch rooms when we are on board. That's great, and that's what I did and I got a very good deal,BUT, Question 2- if you can only put OBC on the room and the rooms are going to switched around when we get on board, how can i make sure the OBC goes to the correct place.

and before anyone asks "why add OBC at all, why not just pay when I get there" well, that would be fine, but these other 4 people are going to be giving me money throughout this year, and rather than have it sit in my bank account, or accidentally spend it or then add it later, i would like to go ahead and apply it towards their individual S&S cards as their cash comes in if that is a possibility.

so, does anyone have any advice? any help or ideas are much appreciated.

I don't think you can just load up OBC by paying extra. I think you have do get funship dollars or something. Why not open a special savings account, get a wee bit of interest, and then bring it with you? Or prepaid credit cards? Or better yet- why don't the other folks take care of their own money- why are you doing this at all?

Putting a past guest in each room does make sense since you can get better rates, especially if you have early saver. But the issue of the credit will get complicated since yes- I believe it is by room.

Well, i'm not going to say anything negative about senior citizens :p but I am doing all of this because I'm taking my mom and 3 of her friends, none of whom are internet or cruise savy, and all of whom are over 60 and just want to walk on the boat and not have to think about anything. I'm in my 30's, so cruising with 4 other women over 60 is gonna be a hoot I'm sure.

really, the planning isn't difficult since i'm a planner by nature and I already pretty much know what we are doing in every port. plus, i am extremely good with money, so it makes sense that i just do everything and KNOW that it gets done right and nothing is left out or forgotten! (did i mention i'm a little OCD???)

my mom is the only other person who has cruised before and I took care of everything for her on the last cruise, and i added the OBC to our room since i was paying for the whole cruise anyway as a christmas gift for her. you can call the 800 number and add OBC to the room because i just did it in January. I put about $250 dollars on the room, but i didn't think to ask if i could do it per person. I suppose I could just call and ask, but it's much easier to write a post on CC and ask a bunch of strangers :cool:

if worse comes to worse, i can probably just buy the funship dollars and take them with me when i board the ship, but i'd rather not do that, and i really don't want to open a savings account to deposit money into, though that does make some sort of sense......but i just don't want to deal with having another separate account at another bank.

(my bank that i bank at is in another state, so i'd have to open a new account in the state i currently live in. it's a long story that i won't bore you with)

1-800-906-7603

That is the number to call and add money thru Bon Voyage. It is person specific so you give them the name, sail date, etc and they will hook you up. I have bought the funship dollars throughout a few months and will call when I get closer to the cruise as they are far behind and it will show up as OBC within 2 weeks of sailing. Here is the online form if you care to do it that way. Have a blast!!

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/RequestForms/Funship_redemption.html

Please don't- you are asking advise and getting it from someone who is well over 60.

:D:D I hope you know, I said that in the spirit of fun. If i did not wholeheartedly love all of these ladies, I would not be going on a cruise with them. They may be over 60, but they are all young at heart!

and kelzbelz, knowing that it is person specific makes this all 1000% easier and really answers my question.

Thanks everyone for the advice and happy sailing to all of you, no matter your age!

:D:D I hope you know, I said that in the spirit of fun. If i did not wholeheartedly love all of these ladies, I would not be going on a cruise with them. They may be over 60, but they are all young at heart!

and kelzbelz, knowing that it is person specific makes this all 1000% easier and really answers my question.

Thanks everyone for the advice and happy sailing to all of you, no matter your age!

You are welcome!! I have 25.00 each week come out of my checking and going to savings, but I tended to spend that and so after reading the forums, I found the funship dollars and now every Friday, I buy some!! That way I have it as OBC already!!

Also, here is the link to buy Fun Ship Dollars and I put the booking # and Apply as OBC in the Address field if you don't feel like calling!! Have a fabulous time!!

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=giftcertificates&pid=FSD

I am like you, I do all the planning and when it comes to cruises, I have OCD as well!!

Archived