Late Late Flight - Seattle Hotel Help

Jfultz81

We got a cheap flight to Seattle with weird flight times. We won't be arriving in Seattle until 11:43 PM. This pretty much leaves out taking Link Light to any downtown hotel and I'm not sure about a taxi that late at night. We've thought of staying by the airport, however we cruise the next day and want to spend the morning in the Market. I'd hate to have to go all the way back by the airport to get our bags to then go to the cruise pier.

We get in so late, I don't want to spend much $$ at all. Should we stay by the airport and figure someplace to leave the bags or should we try for downtown? Will there be taxis that late at night and how much will it cost?

Thanks!

At midnight it will only take about 20 minutes to reach downtown from SeaTac and probably cost $40-$45. There are always taxis at Seatac.

Lots of people find great deals on downtown hotels using hotwire, priceline etc. Otherwise, look at hotels near the Seattle Center; they tend to be less expensive than downtown and often incl breakfast, like the Quality Inn, Travel Lodge, Holiday Inn, etc. Look at Expedia for others. If you stay near the Center you could walk to the monorail, ride it downtown and easily walk to the Pike Place Market. Return to your hotel at 1pm, collect your luggage, and take a cab to whichever pier ($15, 10 minutes).

There's good info for cruisers on the Seattle forum of tripadvisor

Thanks Mapleleaves! I feel like we're a little crazy for coming in that late, but its worth saving $400. Our return flight home is not until 10:30 p.m... and we don't get home until 10:00 am, even though its only a 4 hr flight. Gluttons for punishment, I suppose :)

Thanks Mapleleaves! I feel like we're a little crazy for coming in that late, but its worth saving $400. Our return flight home is not until 10:30 p.m... and we don't get home until 10:00 am, even though its only a 4 hr flight. Gluttons for punishment, I suppose :)

Hey $400 is a lot of money! The savings will pay for excursions. Your flight home sounds gruesome but arriving to SeaTac at 11:40pm isn't bad at all. SeaTac is close enough to Seattle that you can be in bed asleep by 1am! I definitely recommend that you stay in Seattle; gives you lots more time for sightseeing in the morning.

Archived