what is the status of belize and carnival at this point ?

stkdog

Here is the latest I know. We are on the Mariner or the Seas, and will be in Belize on March 15. I had tried to book Caye caulkner with Coral Breeze, but they were booked up with Carnival Legend passengers. Now I checked today, and the tour is available, so I do not know if the Legend cancelled it's call there are what.

Our ship (Glory) was supposed to head to Belize in a few weeks (March 7th) but will be going to Costa Maya instead. Apparently some of the itineraries from Jan-Apr were changed and are skipping Belize due to port over crowding. Too many ships not enough tenders. Bummer, we had cave tubing already booked. :(

There was a dispute last year but it was apparently resolved. Haven't heard of any new troubles. Where did you hear about this happening last month?

Some (not all) sailings of the Glory early this year and our March 25 sailing of the Legend have had Belize replaced by Costa Maya. Tender capacity/port congestion was the reason given in the email Carnival sent me.

Our ship (Glory) was supposed to head to Belize in a few weeks (March 7th) but will be going to Costa Maya instead. Apparently some of the itineraries from Jan-Apr were changed and are skipping Belize due to port over crowding. Too many ships not enough tenders. Bummer, we had cave tubing already booked. :(

We were on the Jan. 8-15 Legend cruise and one of our ports was Belize. We did go there.

Glory canceled Belize and replaced with Costa Maya from Jan to late March this year. I was very disappointed as I had specifically booked for Belize.

I am disappointed too! We will be on Glory for a wedding in March and I was so excited when I thought we were going to Belize. I did a report on Belize in elementary school and for some reason it has always stuck in my mind as a place I might want to visit someday.

Glory canceled Belize and replaced with Costa Maya from Jan to late March this year. I was very disappointed as I had specifically booked for Belize.

Ditto..

and the thing is I checked other days and number of passenegers and ships in port and most of the days there were more people than on the days the Glory was scheduled to be in port(does that make sense?:confused:)

In other words the "too many people in port" "not enough tenders" excuse doesnt fit.

Something else for sure and yes it was supposed to happen with the Glory last year at this same time period but I dont believe sailings were cancelled last year..

Archived