Rum Runners

pokerpunk27

...or you can simply not read them. It's not like there was some great mystery about the content when the title is "rum runners"

i don't mean to flame, but seriously, why do you feel the need to read the thread just to post in order to be judgmental?

+1.

Do the bon voyage prices go up as you get closer to the cruise date? I had just planned on ordering a bottle of vodka to my cabin instead of trying to smuggle.

No they stay the same. There was a recent steep price increase.

Vodka ranges from $50 for a bottle of Sky to $80 for Grey Goose.

To me it is too much money given what I pay at home, but it is cheaper than buying drinks at the ship's bars.

Personally, I prefer to just buy drinks at the bar. I like a little in the cabin for a drink on the balcony late.

Do the bon voyage prices go up as you get closer to the cruise date? I had just planned on ordering a bottle of vodka to my cabin instead of trying to smuggle.

No, the BV prices don't change like the cruise fares. However, BV did have an increase to many of the alchohol brands available for purchase. The increase was just a month or two ago. Its still cheaper on a per drink basis compared to the bar prices onboard.

No, the BV prices don't change like the cruise fares. However, BV did have an increase to many of the alchohol brands available for purchase. The increase was just a month or two ago. Its still cheaper on a per drink basis compared to the bar prices onboard.

Now I must search for a list!

I'm assuming you've seen the new price list. You need to compare the price of the bottle vs the price of twenty-some drinks at the bars.

LOL it wouldn't take 20 drinks to get me drunk!

My issue is that I can't have sugary drinks. The sugar in the alcohol is enough. So my plan was to have a bottle of vodka in the cabin to mix with sugar free iced tea.

My birthday is while we are at sea and I want to be liquored up! LOL

Maybe I'll ask for the vodka as a birthday gift from my family.

I'm confused about these. After you open some Liquer, it has to be refrigerated,, (Baileys specifically). So, how do u travel with these in a suitcase unrefrigerated. I'm probably asking a stupid question, but I'm new to the Rum Runner thing. :o, so you'll have to forgive me. I guess maybe an I've pack in bw them would work?

I can't think of any liquor that requires refrigeration off the top of my head....Including bailey's (google it and you will see if you don't believe me)

I've been successful twice with rum runners. I know it's not a gurantee you'll get on with them, but I think getting caught is pretty unlikely unless they are in an obvious place. I have put them in checked baggage both times. I wouldn't worry much about them leaking, honestly they are well made and virtually leak-proof.

My job just got in RUM RUNNERS, I was leaving work yesterday, turned my head, and was like "What The...For Real" it wasn't the Rum Runner brand, but a different one w/ a carabeaner hook...One of my co workers was like "you pee in those", they were all one size, with tons of colors and designs, and a picture of a mountain climber stopping for a drink squeezing the bag.

I myself won't be doing the rum runner smuggling, i'd rather just pay full price for a drink, or wait to get off at port to go to a cheapo bar and drink thier...But with all the discussion about Rum Runners here I figured i'd share this.

My wife and I and another couple just got back from our cruise on the Destiny From the Miami port this week.

We took 5 RR's 3- 32oz. and 2- 8oz full of Rum and Citris Vodka plus one bottle of Chardonay and one bottle of Shiraz and a 12 pack of Coke And a 12 pack of D. Pepsi. The total cost was $68.00. On the ship we had a combined total for the week of 10 mixed drinks from the bar. That bar tab was $132.00. Now I enjoy a good mixed drink from the bar, but when they charge you $14.50 for a Malibu and pinnapple double that is robbery. The BV prices are also a Joke. I will never cruise without taking Rum Runners

We got off the Glory on March 4. We filled 3 Dasani water bottles with our liquor. Put two in one checked bag and in the other bag we put the last bottle, along with our pint of pure Vermont maple syrup. ( we can not tolerate the fake stuff) The suitcase with the syrup was inspected but they never touched our liquor.

Every one made it through. I'm not sure if it was about placement. I'm thinking they wanted to know what that jug of syrup was and once they found it, they looked no more. We figured it was a gamble. If they found it, fine, if not, good for us!:)

We had friends who put in a bottle of rum and they took that. I don't know if there is any rhyme or reason to the whole process. We figured we got lucky!

...or you can simply not read them. It's not like there was some great mystery about the content when the title is "Rum Runners"

I don't mean to flame, but seriously, why do you feel the need to read the thread just to post in order to be judgmental?

How would I know what's in the thread if I don't read it? It's not like I have ESP? Maybe they wanted to know where to discard old Rum Runners or something? If I ignore all the improper threads or threads that go south I'd only get to read about two posts a day! :rolleyes:

How would I know what's in the thread if I don't read it? It's not like I have ESP? Maybe they wanted to know where to discard old Rum Runners or something? If I ignore all the improper threads or threads that go south I'd only get to read about two posts a day! :rolleyes:

You don't?

I do have ESP and knew you were going to write this.

EDIT: and the answer to your next post is... yes, approximately 54%.

If you check out Cruisin by Carnival they have a link to rum runners and bottles to use for smuggling. I had to double check because I was so surprised. Saw on another thread that rum runners are made by a company affiliated with Carnival. Don't know if it's true but that's what someone said. And what's the worse that can happen? You get caught and the stuff gets tossed. There are ways to pack so they don't break open, of if they do, the mess is contained. Not that I would do it <wink>:D Even with smuggling, Carnival still makes me many drinks throughout the week!

I know I have read this somewhere and I am sorry to ask a question that has probably been asked before. My brother in law may want to order a bottle for his room. While we are on the cruise can he call room service and just say " I want to order a bottle of vodka?" I know he would have to pay the bon voyage price. Is this something he can do?

Archived