concierge class is it worth the $$$$$

plumeria

My husband and I are booked on the summit Jan 2 2006 we upgraded to CC Class but wondered if it is worth the extra $$$$ what is the priority embarkation procedure compared to regular boarding?

thanks

Absolutely!

We boarded first (literally the first) because CC members and C class memebers go through a separate door and have separate lines.

The extras in the stateroom are nice: Better towells and toiletries, duvet on the bed. The chilled welcome bottle of bubbly was nice, as was the flowers in the staterrom and bathroom and fruit bowl which is replenished as needed. Instead of the canapes (not very good but that is my taste) we had them deliver assorted chesses, crackers and fruit at 4:30 every afternnon. Breakfast in bed or on the veranda was wonderful and we slept with the door opened almost every night. You also get a nice bag, We got a nice one and a regular blue one, umbrella and binoculars to use while in the stateroom. Personal stationary was nice if you wanted to write to someone else on the ship; i.e inviting your tablemates for a predinner cocktail in your room to enjoy the balcony. We are totally spoiled now after just coming off our first C-Class cabin and will never book again unless it is.... but it is a preferrence, if you are wanting to save the difference in price to enjoy yourself more on excursions or in the aqua spa then save the money if not, spoil yourself and enjoy the extras.

We love the Aft CC Cabins. Once you have one, you're spoiled for life. The little extras are very nice. I love the pillow selections. And as the previous poster stated, the champagne, fresh fruit, thicker towels etc.

It took us about 15 minutes to board the ship. We weren't in a rush to disembark, so I can't comment on that factor.

I think you will enjoy all the perks.

Mari

My husband and I are booked on the summit Jan 2 2006 we upgraded to CC Class but wondered if it is worth the extra $$$$ what is the priority embarkation procedure compared to regular boarding?

thanks

Hi Plumeria !

In most cases, I would definately recommend it. I have done CC Class several times, and I enjoy it very much. A big part of this decision should be just how much extra it is costing you. If it is not much more, then I say go for it.

The upcharge for Concierge Class is worth it, in my opinion. The amenities are nice, and the priority embarkation and disembarkation are wonderful.

Do it once, and if you don't think its worth it... well, you know what to do!

We loved it so much that i am having to deal with a disgruntled DH who is not happy that we have one of the prized corner aft cabins for our next cruise since they are not CC cabins. He is afraid he won't get a good pillow! :rolleyes:.

Linda

I think it depends on how much extra you need to pay. If it's $100 p/p I say it's worth it, but others might not think so. The "champagne" on arrival is great. I have an allergy to shrimp, so instead of the regular canapes nightly, we had a cheese/fruit try delivered. I liked the special towels and other room amenities. The boarding was so much easier for CC passengers. Also, when debarking, we went to a special lounge for a continental breakfast. On my next cruise, I think I will go to regular breakfast and then to the lounge. There are many positives to CC, but think about the cost. If it is worth it can only be determined by you. Good luck.

Katie

Having been in CC three times now, I do not think it is worth the extra $$, I can buy a bottle of bubbly much cheaper than the upgrade cost, the priority embarkation I just experienced in Buenos Aires was terrible, our traveling companions went through the regular line 20 minutes faster than we did, I have yet to recieve our priority luggage delivery faster than our traveling companions in all three cases. The canapes are nothing special and if you really want something there is always room service. I am not saying there are not nice little touches it is just not worth the $150 or so pp they charge.

I am disappointed that they are making all the Category 1 cabins CC.

Archived