West coast gets cheated again!

Kokopelli2

I wish they would have cruises that go north of Los Angeles. I would love to leave from Los Angeles and go to San Francisco, Oregon and Washington. I'm tired of Mexico, there are plenty of things to see and do north of LA.

I know- I missed the "swine flu cruise route" a few years ago that went to Canada. By the time we cruised, it was same ole- same ole Mexico & Catalina. Princess does a N-. CA cruise 2x a year, but twice as expensive.

Hi, what cruise line is this? And where does it start and stop. I love that list of stops.

Sounds like

Sapphire Princess

Ports of Call: Los Angeles, California; Santa Barbara, California; San Francisco, California; San Diego, California; Ensenada, Mexico; Los Angeles, California

2012 Mar 24; Apr 7, 28

or this is another

Sapphire Princess

Ports of Call: Los Angeles, California; San Diego, California; Ensenada, Mexico; San Francisco, California; Santa Barbara, California; Los Angeles, California

2012 Mar 31; May 5

another

Ship: Sapphire Princess

Ports of Call: Los Angeles, California; San Francisco, California; Santa Barbara, California; Avalon, Santa Catalina Island; San Diego, California; Ensenada, Mexico; Los Angeles, California

2012 Oct 6, 13

2013 Mar 30; Apr 6, 13, 27; May 4

The Splendor leaving the West Coast reminds me of the news story a few years back of a disconsolate well dressed woman standing outisde of a fancy department store in Carmel, CA that had just closed.

She said "it's our own fault, we should have spent more."

Guess you haven't heard about Mexixan drug wars. The cruise lines want to take you to safe ports. The last few years I've seen lots of military riding around in covered trucks watching for trouble. You don't really think Carnival, Princess and RCL wanted to abandon the MR. They are forced too.

The military are there to protect the tourist from the imagined problems that the media has put into their heads.

If the cruise lines want us to be safe, then why do they still take us to St Thomas where a teenage girl off a ship was shot and killed? I will never understand that logic. They didn't suspend even one single sailing to St Thomas.

As a west coaster, I've stopped getting off of the ship on MR cruises. Now that we have a LO, we don't feel safe taking her there. We just recently changed our next cruise from the Splendor to the Magic. If there aren't new itineraries offered, then our Long Beach cruises will drop drastically. Come to think of it, our cruising will drop drastically because we don't want to have to fly to the east coast to cruise. We'll probably cruise the heck out of Galveston and NO until that gets old too. Hopefully, by then Carnival will offer us more choices on this side of the US.

I wish they would have cruises that go north of Los Angeles. I would love to leave from Los Angeles and go to San Francisco, Oregon and Washington. I'm tired of Mexico, there are plenty of things to see and do north of LA.

The ships that can go from American port to American port HAVE to be bult in the USA and the crew has to be American. That means that this kind of cruise is expensive. They do exist but they are very expensive. American Cruise Lines is there and does wonderful itineraries.

I'm on a cruise that goes to Santa Barbara, San Francisco, San Diego & Ensenada.

During the Mexican Noro outbreak the ships went further north to Canada. If I recall correctly they stopped in San Francisco, Victoria or Seattle and Vancouver.

Hi, what cruise line is this? And where does it start and stop. I love that list of stops.

Princess out of San Pedro (Los Angeles).

Here is a link to the April 2012 cruises (there are others) ...

http://www.princess.com/find/searchResults.do?time=101&trade=L&ship=&duration=&port=&date=0412&order=&filterBy=&tourdur=&ppax=&meta=B&resType=C&bID=PCDIR&pageOffset=

I know- I missed the "swine flu cruise route" a few years ago that went to Canada. By the time we cruised, it was same ole- same ole Mexico & Catalina. Princess does a N-. CA cruise 2x a year, but twice as expensive.

Princess has replaced some of the MR runs with California coastal runs.

The April 7, 2012 cruise is only $900/person for a balcony.

The April 28, 2012 cruise is $1,300/person for a balcony.

I don't know why April 28 is so much more expensive.

On May 5, 2012 it is $1,100/person for a balcony.

On May 12, 2012 it goes all the way to Vancouver for the Alaskan season.

On April 14 it does a two week cruise to Hawaii and back.

Talked to my PVP yesterday. He says that the MR in summer is very popular and they are expecting another ship move to be announced very soon. He said he doesn't see them abandoning the MR.

So I guess we will see...... :)

It has already been announced that Carnival will not offer 7 day cruises during the summer anymore.

Carnival Miracle, which recently underwent a significant refurbishment, will be repositioned to the West Coast and operate cruises to Alaska, Hawaii and the Mexican Riviera beginning in spring 2013. While we will no longer offer year-round seven-day cruises from Long Beach, we will maintain a seasonal seven-day program and provide our guests with a convenient and affordable option to sail from Southern California to the Mexican Riviera and Hawaii

What I think they should do is add some 7 day cruises on the Inspiration during the summer. That way the people who want a seven day cruise over the summer, still have a choice.

I wish they would stop doing Catalina in the winter and go to Cabo. They could do Catalina in the summer when it is warmer. The short trips need to be somewhere warmer. It is too cold to use the pools.

The problem with going to Cabo is that it is so far. It costs so much more in fuel to cruise to Cabo, then it does to Catalina.

That is one of the reasons why when the Elation was still here, she switched over to the Catalina, Ensenada cruises.

It has already been announced that Carnival will not offer 7 day cruises during the summer anymore.

While we will no longer offer year-round seven-day cruises from Long Beach, we will maintain a seasonal seven-day program

Yeah, because Carnival doesn't change anything after a press release. ;)

If we want to look exactly at what was written - they "will no longer offer year-round seven-day cruises from Long Beach". What about that nice cruise terminal down in San Diego?

And, they "will maintain a seasonal seven-day program". Well, the summer is their busiest season.

I have stock in Carnival and would like to continue sailing with Carnival if possible. I have already fired my letter off to express what I would like to see out here.

Archived