Avalon Budapest and Prague Included Tour

Musicgirlcruiser

Hi!

Can past Avalon cruisers provide me with more detail regarding the included tours for Budapest and Prague, e.g. what sites are just drive by, what sites do you actually get down from the bus for, and how much time is spent at the stops (photo stop or long visit)? What sites do you feel you were not given enough time and would revisit?

We are arriving early so I'll be arranging for a private tour prior to the one provided by Avalon and don't want to duplicate sites. My companions have limited mobility (no wheelchairs, just can't walk for too long), so the walking tours are out of the question. We are a big group so taxis and subways are out. I would need to arrange a private group tour in a van and would like to plan the itinerary.

Thank you.

We were on the Avalon for its second cruise in 2011. We went from Budapest to Amsterdam. I do NOT recommend this cruise for anyone with mobility problems. Getting off and on the ship is not always an easy task. There is lots of walking and steps in the villages and cities. The stairs alone on the ship are tricky. The elevator is unreliable at best. The ship doesn't always stop in places where alternate transportation is available. My husband and I had a great time but we commented to Avalon that they should be more explicit about people with mobility problems. This cruise and I suspect most River Cruises are for active adults. My husband and I are very active adults but felt very sorry for those who were not.

Archived