houston/galveston what to do?

melika091900

we are staying 1 night over post cruise near hobby, decided to rent a car for the last day in case we are off the ship early ,dont want to be stuck in a hotel room with no transportation,

im sure we will want to go eat, maybe some shopping, any recommendations? and will it be easy for us to find???

Hi Melika! Can you believe our cruise is coming up so soon?? I'm so excited!!!

As to your questions, you'll likely have to head back the direction you came for decent food/shopping/etc. As with most airports it seems, the area around Hobby is not the greatest. At all. Right by Hobby it's just bland, with your basic fast food and many hotels, but there is also a sad amount of blight in the general area.

Best would be to head back South towards the Webster/Clear Lake area, where you'll find a ton of nice restaurants, Baybrook Mall for shopping, Johnson Space Center and Space Center Houston for sightseeing, lots of other stuff. http://www.visitbayareahouston.com/welcome.cfm?p=Visitors

Or you could go to Kemah, that's a very fun way to spend a day! http://www.kemahboardwalk.com/

But really, my best suggestion would be to spend that extra day in Galveston, taking in all the history and fascinating things to do, see, eat, you name it. Just a wonderful place.

See you in 2 weeks!!! :D

-gina-

My DW and I are in the early stages of planning for our next cruise and have decided to go on either the Carnival Magic out of Galveston or the Carnival Breeze out of Miami. If we go on the Breeze we know we'll be going to MIA but what is the nearest airport to Galveston? Need to know to decide what to do next.Thank you very much.

thank you ! i was thinking of heading back into galveston also, depending on the time we get off the boat. considering if theres fog or whatever...

i just want to see a little bit of texas.. :O) never been there

see you soon gina!

Archived