Just Back from Miracle 1.29.12

Pauser

Just got off the 8-day 1.29.12 cruise on the Miracle. We'd been on the Miracle once before (two years ago).

EMBARKATION

DRY DOCK

They changed carpeting in all main areas but not in cabins, where ours was badly stained. :(

They added an adult-only serenity area at the back of the lido deck. This was a really nice quiet area. I think it's the old children's pool area and included the pool, sun loungers, sofas and more intimate seating groups, dining tables for two (but could easily talk with people next to you) and a bar. They offered salads and sandwiches/wraps at the bar area so you didn't have to leave to go into the buffet.

They have brand new chairs in the lido outdoor dining areas, which were really nice.

There are now LCD TVs in the rooms. We didn't have any problems with TV reception.

They did not change anything in Gatsby's Garden. Still the same old chairs and murals. Some of the ceiling fans are missing blades. Did not add seating outside on the promenade deck.

And they did NOT address the air-conditioning issues they've had for some time now. This was disappointing. Almost everyone we talked to complained about the room temperatures in their cabins. If we kept the thermostat in our room on the coldest setting, it stayed about 73 degrees Fahrenheit. With down comforters on the beds, it's just inadequate. Three times our air shut off completely and would not come back on. We had to call maintenance. Each time they told us they were "testing" the system and it would be be back on shortly. After the third time, I told them that I thought this was just an excuse they gave when someone complained about the air. The ship just came back from dry dock - why is it necessary to "test" the air conditioning three times in two days? They sent maintenance to our cabin and resolved it. But I had hoped they would address the air conditioning issues during dry dock.

Archived