Books the cabins I always wanted!!

LisaT12

This might not seem like much because it isn't a suite or something grand.... BUT....I am thrilled.

For the last 10 years we always booked a variety of cabins from insides to balconies....but we booked these with 4 to our cabin (DH, DD, DD and me).

This year we decided that the girls need their own cabin and so do we!!! We booked the Pride for July...and for this cruise we booked a balcony for us and an adjoining inside for our daughters (there is a door in the cabins connecting both cabins). We still feel the safety that we can "watch" them but it is two separate cabins....two bathrooms, two doors and they have their own closets and both have regular beds (no one arguing over who is getting the upper).YAY!!

I am so thrilled!! There aren't many of these cabin types so I am so happy to have it!!!

Just wanted to share!!!:D

Edited by LisaT12

i share your joy. I booked adjoining cabins on the Legend coming up in January 2013. when i called and said i was looking for adjoining, the carnival rep laughed a little and wished me luck before she started looking.

She was suprised herself when there were some available and she booked them for me right away. I was really excited and the people i'm travelling with didn't even understand why i was so happy. 3 of the 5 of us have never cruised and i guess they think it's like a hotel where hundreds of rooms adjoin.

oh well, i'm still tickled over it. :D

This might not seem like much because it isn't a suite or something grand.... BUT....I am thrilled.

For the last 10 years we always booked a variety of cabins from insides to balconies....but we booked these with 4 to our cabin (DH, DD, DD and me).

This year we decided that the girls need their own cabin and so do we!!! We booked the Pride for July...and for this cruise we booked a balcony for us and an adjoining inside for our daughters (there is a door in the cabins connecting both cabins). We still feel the safety that we can "watch" them but it is two separate cabins....two bathrooms, two doors and they have their own closets and both have regular beds (no one arguing over who is getting the upper).YAY!!

I am so thrilled!! There aren't many of these cabin types so I am so happy to have it!!!

I'm proud for you! We have to take cake of ourselves before we can tend to our loved ones....and sometimes all we need is a little privacy!!:p

Enjoy yourself....you deserve it!!:D

Just curious, where on the ship would an inside cabin join with a balcony?

Are they not across the hall?

These cabins are side by side:

Cabins 7106 (Inside) and 7108 (Balcony)

Cabins 7105 (Inside) and 7107 (Balcony)

Cabins 6108 (Inside) and 6112 (Balcony)

Cabins 6109 (Inside) and 6115 (Balcony)

etc.

These are located on all Spirit Class ships (Legend, Pride, Miracle & Spirit).

Great option for families !

Edited by K&P Luv2Cruise

etc.

if you look at 7107 and 7105 they are joined but 7105 is considered an interior. There are multiple rooms like this.

Thanks for clearing this up.

if you look at 7107 and 7105 they are joined but 7105 is considered an interior. There are multiple rooms like this.

etc.

Looks like I posted same time as you did. You did more work than I did though lol

Oh! That is awesome. I didn't know they had rooms set up like that, or we probably would have booked that instead of one of the bowling alley balcony rooms. Not that I want to give up my huge balcony, but more privacy with separate rooms. And 2 bathrooms! Oh...heaven. lol

I totally get your happiness! On our first cruise, we went 3 and 3 with 1 adult, 2 kids in each. Both insides and no connecting. It was difficult. Seems we were always leaving our doors open and I was back and forth (cuz DH would let them do anything they wanted :eek:)

This cruise, I booked 2 adults and 3 kids, insides again - no connecting because not available. Better but still..... Then we got the upsell email and got us 2 OV, side by side (again, no connecting available). This will not only give us our first window but another 100 sq' in each cabin from the Monarch.

I am hoping the next cruise, we can do what the OP did. At least 2 adults in a balcony and the kids in interior (connecting would be great).

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

Anita

Congratulations, we always get connecting but for a silly reason.

We love talking about the fun activities we did all day while we are laying in our beds at night (like the Waltons, LOL). My husband and son are usually sleeping and it is usually me and my 3 girls doing all the talking, sometimes until 2 or 3 in the morning. :eek:

Having connecting allows me to still be able to sleep with my husband and still have my fun talks with my 3 daughters. I will never give up my connecting. :)

Edited by funfamilyof6

I am booked on the Liberty for Thanksgiving to celebrate my kids 18th birthday. Much to my surprised, my PVP got me connecting balcony rooms. Not only will we be able to have the door open to the rooms but will also be able to open the balcony. I did not see these rooms available when I looked online. Having a great PVP really has its perks :)

• 2 months later...

I just booked room 6115 and 6109 on the Pride for May 5, 2013. I purposely booked early so I could get the adjoining rooms and much to my surprise I even get an EXTENDED balcony!! I got LUCKY!!! Can't wait to go now!!:)

Edited by deew0424

Good for you! I'll be that just adds to the anticipation of your cruise. :D The Canada/New England itineraries came out today and I booked as soon as I could to get the cabin I wanted, so I understand your excitement!

Congratulations, we always get connecting but for a silly reason.

We love talking about the fun activities we did all day while we are laying in our beds at night (like the Waltons, LOL). My husband and son are usually sleeping and it is usually me and my 3 girls doing all the talking, sometimes until 2 or 3 in the morning. :eek:

Having connecting allows me to still be able to sleep with my husband and still have my fun talks with my 3 daughters. I will never give up my connecting. :)

When we took both our girls on a cruise, we were able to get connecting balconies. It was wonderful. Like you, I wanted to be able to talk with my girls whenever we wanted to without having to go out into the hall. We left the door between the cabins open most of the time. :D

4598d665-da9d-29a5.jpg4598d665-dacc-0afb.jpg4598d665-db06-eeaa.jpg4598d665-db47-467f.jpg4598d665-db6c-2f17.jpg

Last picture is the two twin wit the trundle on the floor

I was about 39 days out when I booked my first family cruise for me and the kids. Well I have cruised before but never the children. I was so excied when I looked online and although they were interior, they were side by side and they was adjoining!! They wasn't the average interior cabins these were more squared. See pics above. Cabin numbers 6295&6297 on upper deck on the Triumph, But I was so happy to get these cabins at the price I paid for a family of 6. I also booked one adult and 2 children per cabin and best part as mentioned above 2 bathrooms!! This was my first interior cabin but I have seen the "usual" inside room and this room was shaped and arranged completely different than the other on the ship. I love the adjoining rooms! They are such a convince!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk