A couple of last minute ?'s

chadsjewel

This will be our 3rd cruise, and we have only eaten in the dining room once (on the Paradise). Hubs had chicken marsala and I had a pasta. Both bad. It WAS the first night, and we simply chose to eat elsewhere the other few days.

Can I just order a steak? Not a steakhouse steak, just a regular ol steak?

We will be on the Spirit. What is your FAVE menu item that I MUST have, in the dining room?

Can I get a BLT via room service?

TIA!

This will be our 3rd cruise, and we have only eaten in the dining room once (on the Paradise). Hubs had chicken marsala and I had a pasta. Both bad. It WAS the first night, and we simply chose to eat elsewhere the other few days.

Can I just order a steak? Not a steakhouse steak, just a regular ol steak? YES

We will be on the Spirit. What is your FAVE menu item that I MUST have, in the dining room? LOBSTER

Can I get a BLT via room service? YES

TIA!

See above

You can get steak any night of the cruise in the MDR.

I have yet to have a truly bad dinner in the MDR. There may have been some dishes or parts of dishes that I didn't care for, but that's just due to my personal preferences.

However, the diet "pumpkin pie" is the most vile thing ever served on any cruise ship.

The Flat Iron Steak is on the menu in the MDR every evening. Some folks have said it is tough but I liked it, so did my DH. I also really enjoyed the Blackened Jerk Chicken, it was very spicy and cooked perfectly. The Pumpkin soup was very good as well. I am not a fan of rich desserts, so I mainly ordered off the Spa dessert menu, the desserts, with the exception of the Diet pumpkin pie, are all very good.

Just give the MDR a try, you may be suprised. :)

Love the long shrimp with the panko crust. Not sure but I think they call it Tiger Shrimp? My whole family loves the flat iron steak but order it medium so it isn't overcooked.

Remember you can order more than one item, or two of one particular item. The portions have gotten smaller. After the first night, I started ordering two ceasar salads cuz they are so small. One of my son's loves to order two different entrees when both appeal to him.

Archived