Any been on JADE around the Canaries ?

lee101224

hi all ,

Just wondering off anyone that has been on the Jade recently , are there more excursions offered when on board , as the ones stated that can be booked online are quite poor / lacking in numbers . Especially as we have been to a couple of the destinations before and know for a fact that there is more to do .

thanks in advance

I just got off for the 1/31 - 2/9 sailing.

I believe they are the same ones listed online, but if in fact the Canaries are a place you've been multiple times ship excursions are probably not for you. Why not speak to the concierge about places that you can see on your own that are off of the beaten track or contact a local agency about planning something geared towards those that have already done the general tourist attractions and are looking for something different.

Zenagurl

Seen you just got off the Jade, was wondering if you would have any suggestions as to what 2 young girls can see or do in ports on their own? Am sending my college daughter and her friend on the jade in March.

I'm posting a write up which will have more info and pictures and to be honest I basically took excursions except for Madeira but these would be my suggestions. HTH

Madeira: Walk around town, there are a lot of interesting things to see, though you won't really get to the flora and fauna. Take the cable cars to the Botanical Gardens and walk around. I hear that Camera de Lobos is beautiful and a nice place to have lunch though I didn't have the time to see it. Hoho (Hop On Hop Off) buses are available.

Tenerife: I believe that there were free shuttle buses that took you into the town where you could shop and see the sights. I took the shore excursion to Esperanza forest and the Pyramids of Guimar. Unless they're big history buffs, I wouldn't recommend it for college age girls. Hoho buses are available.

Lanzarote: I didn't walk around the town but took the ship excursion trek to Tinamaya National Park which was well worth it ($99 pp) As long as they're in good shape it would probably be of more interest to them than shopping around town...wait what am I saying. They should probably just go shopping around town. LOL

Malaga: If they want to see Alhambra palace which I recommend. They'll either have to rent a car or take a tour whether with the ship or another company. Alternately Malaga is a large city with many attractions, not to mention the beach. I'm sure they'd find plenty to keep them busy be it the Picasso museum, admiring the architecture, visiting palaces or...shopping ;) Hoho buses are available.

Archived