San Juan, Puerto Rico Hotel Recommendation

sbfanatic

Can anyone recommend a good, clean, safe, reasonably priced hotel in San Juan? Will be staying 2 to 3 nights pre cruise the latter part of January. We usually travel with a group of 20 to 25 friends. Any help would be appreciated.

I liked the Hotel Milano that we stayed in pre-cruise. It was something like $90/night. It was clean and safe. We stayed in a rear room, which only has small windows near the top of the wall near the ceiling, but there wasn't anything to see out the back of the hotel anyway. It's located in the SoFo area (South Fortaleza), and centrally located, so it's within easy walking distance to the tourist attractions, pier, plazas, bars and restaurants.

We stayed at Da House in Old San Juan and thought it was both clean and safe. For $80 a night, I don't think you can get a better deal right in the heart of it all. Yes the area around it can be loud to some but we enjoyed it. We only stayed there for one night though so 2-3 nights there might be too much.

We stayed at Da House in Old San Juan and thought it was both clean and safe. For $80 a night, I don't think you can get a better deal right in the heart of it all. Yes the area around it can be loud to some but we enjoyed it. We only stayed there for one night though so 2-3 nights there might be too much.

Thanks so much for the recommendation for Da House. I booked it after doing a review that showed that it was anything but typical. Its time to put a bit of funkiness into my life.

Hampton Inn & Suites. Hotel was clean, comfortable and included a free continental breakfast that was pretty good. There were tons of restaurants within walking distance for dinner too.

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml?xch=1230961738,D4vMP13PPgGPPd2vPLmjDX1GL5HYYn6yZLH97Mb6YYGLmN9VLgnD!-288386249!1329559407289&ctyhocn=SJUHHHX

Are there elevators at Da House?

We just booked two rooms at Posada San Francisco. In walking distance of everything in OSJ, great reviews. $55/night for king bed (2 twins combined) or there are also doubles. Free Wi-Fi. It's a guest house/Hostel so there are shared bathrooms but for one night in the perfect location at that rate, we grabbed them. There is an elevator, shared kitchen, balconies. I wish we were going now!

Hampton Inn & Suites. Hotel was clean, comfortable and included a free continental breakfast that was pretty good. There were tons of restaurants within walking distance for dinner too.

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml?xch=1230961738,D4vMP13PPgGPPd2vPLmjDX1GL5HYYn6yZLH97Mb6YYGLmN9VLgnD!-288386249!1329559407289&ctyhocn=SJUHHHX

We have reservations for this Hampton Inn for upcoming Cruise. Is there a liquor store or somewhere to buy wine within walking distance of the Hampton?

We have reservations for this Hampton Inn for upcoming Cruise. Is there a liquor store or somewhere to buy wine within walking distance of the Hampton?

Sorry but I honestly dont remember. However, according to this below post there is a Pueblo Grocery store nearby with wine & liquor. Maybe someone familiar with the area can help?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=668348&highlight=hampton+inn+liquor

Sorry but I honestly dont remember. However, according to this below post there is a Pueblo Grocery store nearby with wine & liquor. Maybe someone familiar with the area can help?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=668348&highlight=hampton+inn+liquor

Thanks for the reply. I'll ask someone at the front desk when we check in.

We are staying at Chateau Cervantes in Old San Juan 1 night pre-cruise. I needed a room with 2 beds (suites have an extra sofa bed) and they were the only hotel in Old San Juan I could find 2 beds in one room.

Does anyone know if they have elevators at Chateau Cervantes? I am going on this cruise with my elderly parents and can't imagine us pulling our luggage up 4 flights of steps.

DH and I are disembarking and staying an extra day post cruise-plane doesn't leave until around 4 the next afternoon.

Does anyone think we would be able to see OSJ and El Junque in a day and a half? I thought maybe if we took our own luggage off, we could save some time, also.

And would we be better off staying in OSJ or closer to the airport?

Our flight out is on a Monday, if this makes a difference in traffic

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Archived