Alaska HAL cabin-Zaandam

coltsgal1

My DH and I ae interested in HAL for Alaska this summer and noted the deluxe veranda suites are below the lido deck and were wondering if their are any complaints about noise from the public areas above? We had been on Carribean Princess below the public areas and it was somewhat of an issue altho not too bad as it was a cool weather cruise.

We've been on the Zaandam twice.

Try to get one of those deluxe suites either forward of the actual pool area, or towards the aft end of the Lido dining room. If you have a cabin under the pool area, it is possible to wake up to chairs being moved around for cleaning each morning.

Have a great cruise! :)

coltsgal: on a southbound Alaska voyage, I would prefer a port side, just to be able to see Alaska mountains, when they are viewable from the ship. Sometimes, the ship might be so far out at sea, that you still won't be able to see them. Even when we have had a verandah cabin on our Alaskan cruises, we still wind up spending a lot of time up in the Crow's Nest for the best viewing.

Archived