Can someone explain the Roma Pass and Roma Pass +

lori450

I went online to find out about reservations for the Galleria Borghese (thank you Cruisemom42), and saw that the Galleria honors the Roma Pass and Roma Pass +. Can anyone tell me about those? What do they cover? Where can I get them? I see that the Galleria asks that you call them for reservation if you have a Roma Pass, I have never called Europe and don't know how to do that. Can I have the hotel call them when we get there or will it be too late? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for any help.

The RomaPass is a 3-day card that provides free entry to the first two included sites visited, plus 3 days of public transportation (local buses and metro) around Rome.

The cost is currently 30 euro for the pass. You do get a discount at other covered sites after the first two free ones.

Here's a link to the site:

http://www.romapass.it/p.aspx?l=en&tid=2

Late last year, there seemed to be a lack of availability of these (you can buy them at any covered site, supposedly, as well as at TIs and some other places.) However, that seems to have resolved itself now.

In order to get value out of the card, you'll need to try to group your more expensive sites as the first two -- these are usually the Colosseum/Forum/Palatine Hill ticket, and the Borghese gallery ticket.

The RomaPass does not include the Vatican (which is, after all, its own country and not part of Rome). All of the covered sites are listed in the link I provided above.

It looks like the Roma & Piu pass is not currently available.

Archived