MSC Splendida First time Cruisers

k9golden

:) This is all new to us, but I've heard that there is a 'fast pass' lane to board the ship. Does anyone know how this works? any other helpful tips? Looking for dinner or excursion companions - we sail from Rome on March 27th.

There is a priority check in section at most embarkation ports for MSC Club members (loyalty programme for repeat cruisers) and those that have done the online check in. Sometimes the web check in can be as long as the normal line, so only really fast track is for those that have high status withnthe Club or have booked a Yacht Club cabin.

Sometimes the best way of avoiding a long wait is not to arrive early. If you wait a while to give time for the initial rush to die down, you can often board in under 30 minutes without using a priority line.

Hi k9golden. We did web check in for our cruise on Splendida 29th Jan 2012 and went straight through there was no queue for those who checked in on line but about 75 in ordinary queue. You just go on to MSC online AT LEAST 24 HOURS BEFORE EMBARKATION and follow the instructions for web check in it was dead simple. Have a great time we certainly did.

Thanks for the info on web check-in. We finally have rec'd our msc booking # so will be able to do this, as well as booking some excursions. Good to hear that you had a good time on MSC. We are looking forward to our 1st cruise.

You'll be embarking at Civitavecchia which is rarely crowded. Everytime I've boarded there I've never had to flash my MSC Club card to go right to the check-in desk. Unless you have the misfortune to arrive at the same time as a huge group, you should be able to do everything and be in your cabin within 20 minutes.

Archived