Tip For Reboarding In Ports

jgmpuma

Reboarding is usually in the front of the ship, where there is often a long wait for an elevator.

Walk up one flight of stairs and go the the mid-ship elevators. Never a wait.

You're welcome.

i go up one flight and hit "down".

no walking!

Reboarding is usually in the front of the ship, where there is often a long wait for an elevator.

Walk up one flight of stairs and go the the mid-ship elevators. Never a wait.

You're welcome.

We just take the stairs all the way to our cabin on the Lido Deck. We beat the elevator every time.

We just take the stairs all the way to our cabin on the Lido Deck. We beat the elevator every time.

LOL...i would freaking die!...I'm taking my sister-in-law on her first cruise in about two weeks. She says to me today " I wanna take the stairs as much as possible."..I said no problem, as long as they are all going down :D.

LOL...i would freaking die!...I'm taking my sister-in-law on her first cruise in about two weeks. She says to me today " I wanna take the stairs as much as possible."..I said no problem, as long as they are all going down :D.

I want to take the stairs, as does your sister-in-law. But.... We shall see. I do feel like I can eat more of that wonderful food if I take the stairs, maybe have a few extra beverages too :D

I just posted this tip in my long list of notes. Hope I can remember them all.

That was a joy of having a cabin on the Riviera deck of the Legend last month. No need for an elevator to get to Port or to get to shows, always 1 floor away. We are actually thinking of doing the Legend again since we missed so much in Belize, Grand Cayman, Roatan and Tampa!!

That was a joy of having a cabin on the Riviera deck of the Legend last month. No need for an elevator to get to Port or to get to shows, always 1 floor away. We are actually thinking of doing the Legend again since we missed so much in Belize, Grand Cayman, Roatan and Tampa!!

+1 on the Riviera Deck. I have also walked up and hit the down button.

I know most people don't think of going down to go up. Since I work on one of the upper levels of a 19-floor building, I will sometimes go up to go down, so I will do this on a cruise ship as well if I need to.

I taught this trick to my wife a few years back. We were trying to check out of a hotel during a convention. Everyone was pushing the down button and every car was full. I hit the up button and had an empty car in no time. Just had to ride to the top to get back down.

I would rather use the stairs. When you go down to go up then you are cramped in the back of the box and the people always want to pack two more in because there is enough space for a golf club in the front. Then the two people beside you on the back wall only goes up one deck and wants to get off. Everybody unloads and reloads then the people that walked up one set of steps pack four people in to replace the two that got off.

The steps are just easier.

I would rather use the stairs. When you go down to go up then you are cramped in the back of the box and the people always want to pack two more in because there is enough space for a golf club in the front. Then the two people beside you on the back wall only goes up one deck and wants to get off. Everybody unloads and reloads then the people that walked up one set of steps pack four people in to replace the two that got off.

The steps are just easier.

Not for everyone.

We usually take the stairs the majority of the time but this next trip we're on the lowest level (Rivera?) and right next to the forward elevators, easy peasy! We live in a 17 story apartment complex as well as 4 lower levels and my husband likes to run up and down all 21 stories for "fun" NO THANK YOU! He made me do it once, never again!

Archived