Fort Lauderdale Wine Delivery

CanadianMAG

If there is a roll call for your cruise and other members are interested, you might try to get a group ordering together. Just an idea that cut some of the cost for all of you. It'd reduce the service/delivery charge.

Scrumpy

CanadianMAG: This is sort of the reverse of your questions: My wife and I will be sailing to Vancouver in early May. May we bring a bottle or two of American wine, and a bottle of Tanqueray into Canada? We will be staying in Vancuver for several days before we head home to California.

Congratularions on the forthcoming nuptuals!

Oh thank you!!

Enjoy my city it is a wonderful place! And if you need to know where the liquor store I can let you know, there is one close the the cruise ship port!~! :rolleyes:

Do try some of our local wines when you are here, they make some good wines out of the Okanagan Valley.

I think you are able to bring 1ltr of wine each...

• 4 years later...

That website no longer exists. Even if the OP ordered wine from this company, he would still have to pay a corkage fee on the ship and the company would probably charge a delivery fee.

CanadianMAG, why not just pre-order your wine from HAL or buy it on the ship and save yourself a lot of trouble.

I've used this company before, mind you is was back in 2007. We sailed out of Miami to Bahamas. We ordered 5 quarts of Vodka for like $130US, pretty good deal, not marked up too much in price. Delivery was like $10 or something small like that. It arrived in our stateroom after the muster drill wrapped in cello :)

Canadian MAG, IMO the best place in Fort Lauderdale to buy wine for a cruise is Total Wine:

http://www.totalwine.com/StoreList.aspx?state=FL&store=904

If you call ahead, they will have your order boxed and ready for you to pick up by taxi. (I know you'd rather get it delivered to the ship, but I can't add any information on that subject.)

BENGOSHI, do I understand correctly you are boarding a HAL ship which ends its itinerary in Vancouver? You and your wife are each allowed a duty free litre (38 ounces) of liquor entering Canada, so one of you could purchase duty free Tanqueray on board, and disembark with it. If you have bottles of wine left over which you brought aboard, there shouldn't be a problem in Vancouver declaring them as the other person's alcohol allotment - as long as it's only 2 or at most 3 bottles. Customs/Immigration has some discretion.

Here are some figures to digest:

HAL's gift of Ruffino Pino Gregio costs $44.85. Bevmo sells it for $9.99 and Total Wine for $8.29. If you add $18 corkage fee, that's $28.99 - a savings of $18.56.

HAL's Robert Momdavi Merlot is $42.55 / Total wine is $16.99.

HAL's Blackstone Saunignon Blanc is $40.25 / Bevmo is $9.99 / Total Wine is $8.99.

HAL's Villa Maria Sav. Blanc is $51.75 / Bevmo is $16.99.

These are a few examples where, even after adding the corkage fee; you could save about $15 a bottle. That's $150 for 10 bottles.

Draw your own conclusions!

Regards,

Joe

Canadian MAG, IMO the best place in Fort Lauderdale to buy wine for a cruise is Total Wine:

http://www.totalwine.com/StoreList.aspx?state=FL&store=904

If you call ahead, they will have your order boxed and ready for you to pick up by taxi. (I know you'd rather get it delivered to the ship, but I can't add any information on that subject.)

Do you know if Total Wine has a minimum amount you have to pre-order to do this? I was wondering how I was going to work this with the taxi... this would be great!

believe it is over $100.00 but to be sure go their website and double check totalwine.com and put in Ft Lauderdale as your location. You do have to order several days in advance but I was not too impressed with the box they used for mine- this year I brought my own box.

I forget the minimum order at Total Wine....we never need to worry, since we are always well over it :o

IME it's better to order by phone there, rather than online. The online service showed inventory the store didn't have. The wine I most wanted (a Spanish Cava, for a sailaway party) was out of stock, but I called early enough they got it in for me.

If my link didn't take you directly to the Fort Lauderdale store information, then I'll post:

The Harbor Shops Plaza

1906 Cordova Road

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

(Note: this is next to a Publix grocery, very close to all the 17th Street Causeway hotels, like Embassy Suites and Hyatt Place)

Hours:

Mon-Thurs 9am-10pm, Fri-Sat 9am-11pm

Sun 12pm-9pm

Phone:

954-828-9463

Take a cab to Total Wines rather than ordering on line or over the phone - it is a great experience to see so many labels (about 8,000) all in one place, and with a great variety of prices. Some but not all of the staff are knowledgable and if you are not getingthe right answers, ask to speak with their resident wine expert - he was enourmosly helpful. We bought 7 bottles in the $50 each range and were delighted with them all.

Try to attend the wine tastings on board if you are able - they present a good variety of wines of various qualities.

they will package your order and you pay in advance by credit card. The have 1000's of selections listed on line and then take a cab and pick up your order and go to the ship. The shop is about a mile from the dock. But doesn't open until noon on Sundays.

Take a cab to Total Wines rather than ordering on line or over the phone - it is a great experience to see so many labels (about 8,000) all in one place, and with a great variety of prices. Some but not all of the staff are knowledgable and if you are not getingthe right answers, ask to speak with their resident wine expert - he was enourmosly helpful. We bought 7 bottles in the $50 each range and were delighted with them all.

Try to attend the wine tastings on board if you are able - they present a good variety of wines of various qualities.

If you are in a hurry Total Wines can be a bit overwhelming! :D I had about 40 minues to kill and walked out of there the first time without buying anything, it takes a while to just walk through the whole place. I went back the next day to shop at a more leisurely pace.

You can bring a truckload on board.:)

That's surprising, and a shame that we didn't know that on our Noordam cruise. We took two $2 euro bottles of white wine with us on the ship that were wonderful! We found them in a small grocery in Civitavecchia to go with the pizza we were getting next store. The proprietor recommended it, although I was skeptical because it had a screw off top. :rolleyes: The wine was so good that we bought the wine for the ship. Had I known, we could have taken more for dinner, and even with the corkage fee, we would have come out ahead.:)

Archived