Tendering into Coxen Hole....

joie1016

There is a small amount of shopping there (really good knock off bags) and a restaurant/bar called the Wet Lizard. I would recommend going to the port of call boards and finding somewhere to go.

We did Caye Caulker Shark Ray Alley tour on our own and it was AWESOME. We even had time to shop before the tender ride back.

Others have said that Belize City right outside the port area is "sketchy" but we didn't go out on our own and LOVED our time there.

There is a small amount of shopping there (really good knock off bags) and a restaurant/bar called the Wet Lizard. I would recommend going to the port of call boards and finding somewhere to go.

We did Caye Caulker Shark Ray Alley tour on our own and it was AWESOME. We even had time to shop before the tender ride back.

Others have said that Belize City right outside the port area is "sketchy" but we didn't go out on our own and LOVED our time there.

Coxen Hole is in Roatan.

The Coxen Hole port is not much. There is a lot of "local" shopping out side the gate but that kind of experience is not everyone's cup of tea. You will need to drive to get to any good beaches, however there are TONS of options in the port area to get to a really good beach.

We found a ship tour that went to Maya Key right across from the ship on an island. Wow, was it nice. Beachs, pool, snorkling, and a faux maya ruin, but well done.

Be aware.... the beaches in Roatan WILL not be bug friendly. You will become a meal, so plan accordingly. That is about the only drawback to Roatan I have found, but it can be handled. :rolleyes:

The Coxen Hole port is not much. There is a lot of "local" shopping out side the gate but that kind of experience is not everyone's cup of tea. You will need to drive to get to any good beaches, however there are TONS of options in the port area to get to a really good beach.

We found a ship tour that went to Maya Key right across from the ship on an island. Wow, was it nice. Beachs, pool, snorkling, and a faux maya ruin, but well done.

Be aware.... the beaches in Roatan WILL not be bug friendly. You will become a meal, so plan accordingly. That is about the only drawback to Roatan I have found, but it can be handled. :rolleyes:

I also recommend Maya Key.

Archived