RCCL Member Cruises worth extra cost?

I am lookin at RCCL's member cruise for November. It appears that the rate is around $400 more than the regular rate for the same sailing during the year. I am debating if it is worth the extra cost.

Any info from persons taking past Members Cruisies would be appreciated.

I am lookin at RCCL's member cruise for November. It appears that the rate is around $400 more than the regular rate for the same sailing during the year. I am debating if it is worth the extra cost.

Any info from persons taking past Members Cruisies would be appreciated.

The boost in the price was very recent. :( About the time they posted on RCCL's webpage about it being a members cruise.

My family took one years ago, had a pretty good time, I believe we were only gold members at then as well. We received hats, toiletry bags, a raft, magnet with ship and sail date, etc.. My children at the time also received things, stuffed animals, hats, tokens, etc... 8 day cruise if I remember right. Since we were gold members, we didn't get as much as the platinum or diamond. There were few kids on board, maybe less than 75 of all childs ages, possibly because of the $ and the cruise dates.

I don't remember anyone ever saying "no", and everyone being friendly. Also, most of the excursions were always available, but the crowd was very much older too. (I am older now too, haha)

I felt the main concern of the guests at the time was mainly about food, if I remember right. It was one of the impressions that I got anyway. Another gift, C&A even sent chocolate covered strawberries in our room one afternoon, which my girls attacked.

All in all, I probably wouldn't be going on another... however a fun group of CC's that cruised together in Nov 10 decided we were going to have a reunion cruise get together and the cruise date was selected for Nov 4, 2012... before we knew it was a members cruise.. so here we go on a members cruise. I am a bit excited, I must admit.

Come on over to our roll call and meet our group, you might want to come along! :D

Thanks for the info. I have C/A Diamond + status and cruise in December during the Diamond Event sailings. This sounds very much like the same amenities. I really do not need any more hats or frig magnets. I was wondering about the free classes available during the Member cruise that I read about on RCCL web site. Any info on those?

Let me put it this way, even my TA said if we had not booked when we did just right before the large price increase and it being announced as a Members sailing, we would not have booked it!

Whatever RCCL is giving out during the sailing, you can believe you are paying for it in the higher prices for this sailing! :(

MARAPRINCE

Archived