Fort Lauderdale after cruise hotel and car rental

HDS

Nedd hotel in Fort Lauderdale for AFTER cruise. Anyone know a hotel with shuttle that collects passengers from cruise?

We want to be near restaurants, not hamburger or fried food chains.

Also want to arrange car rental, any suggestions for agencies nearby?

Thanks,

Deb

IMO, a free shuttle is a non-issue if you are in FLL. Everything is so close to the port, and taxi's are quick and cheap.

I would just take a taxi the the airport less than 2 miles away, and rent a car. I'm assuming that you would be going back to the airport anyway, so then you could drop your car off when you go back.

As for a hotel, you want one in the downtown area which is also close to the airport and everything else. You may not even need the rental car.

For the hotel, FLL is the perfect place to utilize priceline. Many people get the excellent 4* Renaissance for about $80/night. Read and understand the information on sites like biddingfortravel.com before you bid.

Thanks Lou,

Can you help me some more?

We are Australians, we don't know where the port for Fort Lauderdale is. That's all the arrival information Celebrity have given us. Is it Port Everglades? That shows up on the map in the Celebrity destination information near SE17th St.

I've read about the Port of Miami ??? Maybe there even more ports.

We may not fly out of Fort Lauderdale, we may decide to drive to somewhere else after we have seen the Everglades and fly out of there. Usually (in Australia anyway) it's much cheaper to rent cars downtown.

Thanks,

Deb.

HDS, Since you like decent restaurants, I would suggest booking a room at Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Blvd. Nicer hotels in Fort lauderdale don't have free shuttles. Just take a taxi for about $20. Unless you are staying for several nights, you won't need a car there as it is downtown. It's the only hotel in the middle of downtown in a very safe area. Priceline and Hotwire include the port area (Port Everglades/ SE 17th St) as part of the downtown area, but the port area isn't really downtown.

HDS, Since you like decent restaurants, I would suggest booking a room at Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Blvd. Nicer hotels in Fort lauderdale don't have free shuttles. Just take a taxi for about $20. Unless you are staying for several nights, you won't need a car there as it is downtown. It's the only hotel in the middle of downtown in a very safe area. Priceline and Hotwire include the port area (Port Everglades/ SE 17th St) as part of the downtown area, but the port area isn't really downtown.

Hi royalcruz! I was just down there this past weekend and saw the Riverside Hotel and wondered why I have not seen it recommended before. It looked really nice. Of course I stayed out at the beach so it was a moot point for me.

Archived