Karaoke on Epic?

Ldyandrea

Getting ready to sail this weekend on the Epic, and as an avid karaoke fan, was wondering what others have experienced?

Where is it held, were there any contests, and what did everyone think of the quality of the equipment and song selection? :)

Getting ready to sail this weekend on the Epic, and as an avid karaoke fan, was wondering what others have experienced?

Where is it held, were there any contests, and what did everyone think of the quality of the equipment and song selection? :)

They had karaoke at the Bliss lounge. I went to watch one night and the guests signing were having a great time. Most sang newer songs. I didn't sing anything so I can't comment on anything else.

At the end of the cruise they had Epic Karaoke Battle: Guests vs. Crew. It was really fun to watch. They picked 4 of their favorites guest from the week and put them up against 4 crew members that aren't in musical acts.

The song selection is actually quite extensive. There are no slips... Instead, you stand at a kiosk and choose your song and type in your name. I would have a list of songs ready before going down, just because I always forget once I get there for whatever reason. You actually stand on a stage with a mic stand, which I like.

The song selection is actually quite extensive. There are no slips... Instead, you stand at a kiosk and choose your song and type in your name. I would have a list of songs ready before going down, just because I always forget once I get there for whatever reason. You actually stand on a stage with a mic stand, which I like.

Sounds great! My opinion of karaoke on cruise ships has often been on the poor side due to antiquated or poorly maintained equipment, abysmal song selection, and unfortunate hosts. Princess is generally pretty good, and because Epic is such a new ship I have been hopeful it might be even better.

Admittedly, I'm spoiled at home since my karaoke guy has an amazing song collection, and does such a great job running it! :D

I agree totally. My husband and I actually met when he came into a bar where I ran a weekly Karaoke show, and he turned in a slip.... Aw....

Epic doesn't schedule enough time for Karaoke... It is just an hour here and there, in Bliss lounge. Wish there had been more of it.

I think you will be pleased with the setup and the sound in there. Have fun!

I agree totally. My husband and I actually met when he came into a bar where I ran a weekly Karaoke show, and he turned in a slip.... Aw....

Epic doesn't schedule enough time for Karaoke... It is just an hour here and there, in Bliss lounge. Wish there had been more of it.

I think you will be pleased with the setup and the sound in there. Have fun!

Okay, now I have even more confidence in your reassurance.....I think those who are regulars, or run their own shows have a very different perspective than the rest of the population. :D

Thanks again!

Archived