Rental car at the port?

hottubdiva

We've vacationed on St Martin several times and have arranged rental cars when arriving at the airport. Does anyone know of a rental car agency near the cruise ship port for our upcoming cruise? Since we already know our way around the island I hate to do the taxi thing!

We've vacationed on St Martin several times and have arranged rental cars when arriving at the airport. Does anyone know of a rental car agency near the cruise ship port for our upcoming cruise? Since we already know our way around the island I hate to do the taxi thing!

Right within the premiss(??) of the cruise port gate there is a hertz rental place along with some other no name companies. They offer pretty good rates, just look on there website for more information.

Thank you for the replies. Like I said, we usually fly in and stay at a villa on the French side for 7 - 10 days. The villa rental agent usually helps arrange the rental car so I feel like a fish out of water coming in on a cruise ship.

Just make sure the car is on the premise. We got duped a few years ago where the rental guy had to drive us to his house to get the car that was in his driveway with an old dog laying under it. All turned out fine and price was cheap...now I know why...

Just make sure the car is on the premise. We got duped a few years ago where the rental guy had to drive us to his house to get the car that was in his driveway with an old dog laying under it. All turned out fine and price was cheap...now I know why...

Which is why we rent only with Hertz, a franchise of Hertz International. The cars are kept across the street at the pier terminal and a Hertz car jockey will drive you from the booth to the storage lot (all of two minutes away)

The rental office closes at 5 PM sharp. There is a gas station (cash only) 5 blocks from the pier where we always fill up before returning the car. The no-names sometimes give you a car running on fumes and tell you to fill up on the way out, but there are no refunds for unused gas left in the tank.

Archived