1st Time Amazara Cruiser-Dining Question

Mparis184

My first Amazara cruise will be a TA from NYC to Rouen on April 18. I have sailed on Renaissance and Oceania 4 times and am very excited to sail on Amazara. I have read wonderful reviews about Amazara and am eager to get back on this class of ship.

I am curious - Does the Windows Cafe grill lobster tails in the evening? Do they have the same food on the grill each night? Do they serve the same food on their evening buffet that is served in the MDR?

What is your favorite restaurant on Amazara Journey?

Many thanks,

Marion

My first Amazara cruise will be a TA from NYC to Rouen on April 18. I have sailed on Renaissance and Oceania 4 times and am very excited to sail on Amazara. I have read wonderful reviews about Amazara and am eager to get back on this class of ship.

I am curious - Does the Windows Cafe grill lobster tails in the evening? Do they have the same food on the grill each night? Do they serve the same food on their evening buffet that is served in the MDR?

What is your favorite restaurant on Amazara Journey?

Many thanks,

Marion

I am sure you are going to enjoy the Journey as it is the same size as other ships you have been on

Windows Cafe will gril lobster tails one night when they have their Seafood special which is magnficent. They do not serve the same food as the MDR but have a theme for each nights buffet. So there is an Italian night, an Indian night etc. You can choose where to go - the choice is made easier as they post the MDR menu in Windows Cafe every day so you can plan at lunchtime for the evening

My favourite restaurant is Aqualina, but Discoveries (MDR) is really good

Enjoy!!

Windows serves a different menu than Discoveries. Every night there is a themed saute: Italian, French, seafood, etc. Could be any combination of shrimp, scallops, calamari, soft-shell crabs, frogs legs. Always worth checking to see what they're serving there. In addition there's a reasonably extensive buffet given the size of these ships' buffet areas. There is usually an Indian buffet during the cruise, and this is terrific if you like Indian food. We did not see lobster tails in the buffet, but maybe we just missed them.

We would always check what they were cooking fresh in Windows, and often made an appetizer plate of seafood and pasta before heading down to Discoveries. We thought Discoveries was excellent, and dined only once each in the specialty restaurants. Main dining room food and service is a real strong point on Azamara. Room service and main dining room burgers (at lunch), by the way, are made from the small end of prime beef tenderloins. Worth a try.

Archived